Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    AFAIK, Viper has problems shipping things and answering his phones during his NASCAR season (he builds tube frames and is always under the gun.) People on this board feel that he's given them the run around.
    When he gets so busy, or stays busy, he ends up subbing out the work to some other shop so you are not actually having your boat worked on at Viper. Taking apart a buddies boat that supposedly had the interior replaced less than 10 years ago at Viper and it is a train wreck in there. Tons of rot on what was supposed to be new wood, the wood doesn't even match side to side on dimensions, they reused the old foam and cut many other corners. This boat does not sit outside and is always thoroughly dried after every outing so, how the interior is shot after less than 6-7 years of minimal use is beyond me. Never mind the fact that he missed the deadline by months originally and never would answer the phone, took the owner driving up to the shop and confronting him to get him to work on it... This is the worst that I have heard of and I am seeing it first hand. Being in a service industry myself, that is no way to run a business and I would be very leery of doing business with anyone who runs their shop like that. If he is too busy then he should turn away work, I do the same thing, quality over quantity.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    I do not know Viper, but I would talk to Donnie at:
    Bennett's Boat Repair
    517 Pink Dogwood Ln,
    Maryville, TN 37803

He does work for all the boat mfgrs - mostly warranty.
    Others on this site know of his work. Good guy!!

M-
    Thanks, I'll call him

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    When he gets so busy, or stays busy, he ends up subbing out the work to some other shop so you are not actually having your boat worked on at Viper. Taking apart a buddies boat that supposedly had the interior replaced less than 10 years ago at Viper and it is a train wreck in there. Tons of rot on what was supposed to be new wood, the wood doesn't even match side to side on dimensions, they reused the old foam and cut many other corners. This boat does not sit outside and is always thoroughly dried after every outing so, how the interior is shot after less than 6-7 years of minimal use is beyond me. Never mind the fact that he missed the deadline by months originally and never would answer the phone, took the owner driving up to the shop and confronting him to get him to work on it... This is the worst that I have heard of and I am seeing it first hand. Being in a service industry myself, that is no way to run a business and I would be very leery of doing business with anyone who runs their shop like that. If he is too busy then he should turn away work, I do the same thing, quality over quantity.
    Thanks for the heads up. This will be a recon trip, will have to get ammo so I can fight the ins co.

You may also consider not revealing all information on a forum until this claim is worked out. No reason to give your insurance company any more reason not to help you out... especially with pictures and "hypothetical scenarios" being discussed. I'd stay pretty closed lip about things. Sometimes these types of forums and posts do work their way back to insurance companies in big disputes like this.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks

skibum,

I sent you a PM the night before last in case you didn't notice it.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

That's a bummer, but that is also not a terrible fix. It can absolutely be done from the outside. Good Luck, and if you sell it let us know. Its a nice boat!

Any update?

Does anyone know what happened with this boat. Anybody know how to get in touch with skibumtx?

What happened with this boat? My 2004 Launch SSV has a lot of blisters but nothing that looks like structural damage like this. Still would be nice to get an idea how much it would cost to fix.