Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm picking it up from the shop today, photos to come.

Noticed a spider crack on the side, took it in to be checked and found lots of cracks along the length of the hull. Water was draining out when they lifted it off the trailer. Rest of the boat looks great, engine runs great all. The radio, electronics work great. Very well maintained, actually built our house so the boat would fit in the garage.

The good photos!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's with the red looking scrape? It sure looks like it hit something from the pics...

With it running along the bunks the way it is, it looks like the boat took a hard hit while on the trailer. Is the boat strapped down while under tow?
    Find a different shop even if it is a long drive. 20k seems absurd to me. It's just fiberglass for christ sake.
    Last edited by 2500HD; 06-10-2015 at 10:43 PM.
    Function before fashion!

The red is actually rubbing compound, it makes the cracks show up a little better is photos. I'm not so worried about the spider cracks as the deep crack under that takes on water. Also hard to see are the transverse cracks.

Have you talked to skiers choice? I realize it's out of warranty, but something like this makes them look really bad. There is a chance they will at least help out, as long as you are courteous but persistent.

I'm in the process right now. Went through the local dealer. Sent them a nice explanation of the situation as well as photos. Will send the denial letter from insurance as well as the quote to repair. Headed to Chattanooga next weekend, may pull the boat up there to see if they will look at it. Also called Viper Custom to get their take on it.

Anything I've missed?

Keep it forever and don't leave it in the water over night.... I would definitely get a second opinion from a known marine fiberglass expert not a dealer shop.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

A guy i know had a 2005 SN, the boat broke its back after 4 years, Correct Craft replaced the hull free of charge due to a defect in the manufacture (apparently they were between factories during a move)

It makes me sick when a company refuses to look deeper into faults in design or manufacture. If its structural its not normal wear and tear, i would fight very hard to get that sorted by the dealer of manufacturer.
    My yacht had a defect in the keel fiberglass, that was repaired for $5000, so $20K seems excessive, was that for a complete new hull?