Default Speakers cutting in and out

Hello,

I have a 2010 Supra Launch 22v Liquid Force Edition. I bought it new and it came with 4 tower speakers, 6 speakers in the boat and 1 subwoofer. The tower speakers are controlled by 1 amp and the 6 speakers in the boat and the sub are controlled by a second amp. The entire system is controlled by a MB Quartz audio system. This was the first year Supra used the VISION system and I've talked to the dealer about issues they were having with the MB audio system (I believe they changed the audio system for 2011 but I could be wrong?)...... I'm having issues with the sound system and all my speakers seem to be cutting in and out once I adjust the volume to 30. This is a considerably low setting considering last year I was able to play the audio at 80 with no issues at all. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what the issue could be?

The amp powering the 4 tower speakers was replaced last summer. The amp powering the 6 boat speakers and the sub is the original kicker amp that came with the boat. Both amp's seem to be working as they power lights are on. The amps are not overheating as this sound problem occurs any time I adjust the volume to 30, even when I just start the boat so I don't believe they are shutting themselves down into protection mode.

The issue occurs when the boat is running and when the boat is off so I don't believe there is a battery issue. There are 2 batteries in my boat....one is for the motor and the other is for the components. I have the setting set to battery 1&2 mode.

I'm replacing the small ground wire that runs to the battery as the wire is a little lose in the connection to the eye hook, but I was wiggling this wire and I don't think that is my issue.

I've done some googling and some people have said the VISION system may need a software upgrade. I've called my dealer to request this and they are also trouble shooting this issue.

Any suggestions anyone may have would be appreciated and save me a trip hauling the boat into the shop!

Thanks!

I know this is an old post, but sharing my issues as it might help someone else.

I have a 2010 Launch 24V with the vision system and same audio setup. Recently one of my rev8 tower speakers sounds much louder than the other. I took it to my Audio/Video guy he said the MB Quartz control module in the battery compartment is bad. The output controls are not providing the correct output. Also, my transom remote quite working. It lights up and the screen shows all the numbers and everything like normal but none of the buttons work. Lastly, when I turn the stereo toggle switch off and back on the stereo always comes back on at volume 18 which is loud in my boat. I'll be upgrading soon to a real name brand..
    - 2010 LAUNCH 24V -
    *3,450lbs Ballast (Fly High) *Indmar 340hp *Progressive Tower w/ Swivel Racks *Z5 Cargo *Transom Remote *Pkg F: Tower Speakers, 2 Amps, Light Bar *Dual Battery *Zero Off *Tonneau Covers

Isolate the vision from the MB quart so its a stand alone system. That should eliminate or point to the vision. Sounds like the signal to both amps is clipping, or there is a voltage issue related to the main source unit, as its effecting both amps.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

I believe it's what Michael said....I have the same issues on my boat and I've noticed that it's the surge protector turning red. Think it's a voltage issue....but not sure.