Default Permanent 12V For Stereo?

So I recently installed a new Sony Marine Radio to replace our old Broken JBL. Everything works great- but the way the old radio was wired (and now this one), the radio does not get a permanent 12V feed to the yellow wire, so that it saves its presets. Both the red power wire and the yellow wire only get voltage when the battery switch is turned on. Does anyone have any idea where under the steering wheel compartment I can find a permanent 12V connection? It's a 1999 Supra Santera, so I know it's a long shot that anyone knows.

*I'll wire the yellow wire with detachable connectors. When the boat sits for long period of time I'll disconnect it so it doesn't drain the batteries. But when we take it out for a weekend/day I'll leave it connected. That way I only have to set presets and preferences once an outing.

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have any idea where under the steering wheel compartment I can find a permanent 12V connection?
    I doubt will. About the only thing thats got a constant B+, is an auto bilge lead, which usually goes to the pump from the battery, not to the helm. You are better off to run a fused lead from the battery, to the head-unit's yellow.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

I ended up just hooking it up as it was. Interesting it remembers Bluetooth connections and that's what we'll use 90% of the time. Sometime in the future perhaps I'd put a fused lead in from the bat. Any idea what amp fuse I'd want?

10A fuse and a 14ga wire
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

There are plenty of hot connections under the wheel. Your lights, blower and bilge pump all work without the key on. Need to take a meter and find one to use. The backup does not draw much voltage.

They work without the key on, but not without the batteries switched on. We have a dual battery system with a master switch.

I would advise against tying my audio's main B+ into another circuit like lights, blowers and pumps. For sure to have noise when those other devices are in use and maybe some even when they off.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio