Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soft spot on a 93 sunsport floor

A 93 curved windshield sunsport has a soft spot right in front of the bilge access. What would cause this?
    86 Saltare

rotten wood.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Yep. They have composite stringers but wooden floors. Luckily, it's not a difficult/expensive fix.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

So even though they say it's all composite, the floor is still fiberglassed wood???
    86 Saltare

Yup it's all glassed wood.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

It's all composite below the waterline. The floors, the storage areas the seats sit on top of, and the motorbox base are wood covered in fiberglass. My boat saw a lot of watersports use in its younger years and a lot of water got tracked onto the floors. I've got a soft spot myself just to the left of my motorbox. Since the boat doesn't see much watersports use anymore, I'm ashamed to say I've just let it lie. I'll take care of it when it's time to redo the carpet and vinyl in the next couple years.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Yep. They have composite stringers but wooden floors. Luckily, it's not a difficult/expensive fix.
    My thoughts exactly.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

My floors are not wood...they are starboard or something similar. Some of my cushion bases are wood, one was molded plastic. Doghouse was also wood with no fiberglass. There are all sorts of plywood pieces embedded in the hull as well like the rudder and strut backing plates, and all hardware backing plates (swim platform brackets, etc.) This is in a 1992 saltare

My 95 is all wood that's been glasses as far as I can tell. Motor base is wood but that's getting rebuilt and will be glassed before I re carpet it.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    My floors are not wood...they are starboard or something similar. Some of my cushion bases are wood, one was molded plastic. Doghouse was also wood with no fiberglass. There are all sorts of plywood pieces embedded in the hull as well like the rudder and strut backing plates, and all hardware backing plates (swim platform brackets, etc.) This is in a 1992 saltare
    My seat bases in my 92 sunsport were HDPE. Like you my doghouse was wood IIRC.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.