Default Looking for guidance on a wakesurfer

I have been attempting to wakesurf using my zap pro skimboard and it's not working so well... I think not having having fins is a big part of it but I'm a newbie.

I am thinking about getting the Ronix Lunch Tray because it seems to be a great value but I'm thinking maybe there is a reason for that? What would be a good beginner board that would also allow me to progress?

Any input is much appreciated.

My first was the CWB ride. It was a good price and included rope if I recall. This has been a great board for me and family and friends to learn on. Not sure what the more seasoned riders will say but I have no complaints with this one

Anyone out there ride a Hyperlite Broadcast? 5'3"? I've only tried wake surfing once on a friends boat and it was only for 5 min or so holding the rope. Is the Broadcast to "advanced" for a beginner? Should I get something like a CWB ride to learn on? I have good side balance, i.e. surf'd, skate, wakeboard etc if that matters.

TIA!

Having the right board for you is definitely important, but even more important is... are you creating a wave that is surfable? ballast, weight distribution, speed, etc.

It's a little bit smaller than I'd recommend for a beginner board. You will outgrow your first board quickly but it's nice to have something in the quiver for the future newbies that you're going to introduce to the sport. I really, really like the Phase 5 Oogle for a beginner board. You can still have fun with it when you get more advanced but it's an easy board to get started on.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by flipz96 View Post
    Having the right board for you is definitely important, but even more important is... are you creating a wave that is surfable? ballast, weight distribution, speed, etc.
    Guess I'll figure that out once I get a board!

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    It's a little bit smaller than I'd recommend for a beginner board. You will outgrow your first board quickly but it's nice to have something in the quiver for the future newbies that you're going to introduce to the sport. I really, really like the Phase 5 Oogle for a beginner board. You can still have fun with it when you get more advanced but it's an easy board to get started on.
    Gotcha!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Well I ended up buying a Ronix Koal Thruster 4'7" should be here by the weekend!!

Seemed like a good "overall" board for newbies and intermediate types, guess we'll see.