Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Teaser of my new '92 Mariah

Ok. Here's a teaser. I'll post better pics soon.

As for where we'll be probably on Fox Lake & the Fox River but thinking about taking it up to 3 Lakes WI. On occasion. We have friends w/a place up there. Anybody know anything about invasive species between IL & WI? Or in general? I understand a general rule up at 3Lakes is the boat has to be out of the water for 5 days before putting it in the water.

image.jpg

Good Choice! You will love it! were you able to get out on it this weekend?
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Suprafan! View Post
    Ok gentlemen. I am now the proud owner of a 1992 Mariah!
    Congrats! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Put my new '92 Mariah in the water this weekend! Dragged it 6 hrs up to the Northwoods. Trailered great. Awesome time! Ran like a top after I dropped a new battery in it.

Got up on a wakeboard for the first time. After a few attempts my wife was able to get up as well. The boys did great... Pro's comparatively. Their snowbarding skills translated nicely.

Drove home in the rain yesterday afternoon. No cover, which I'm bummed about. However I covered the seats with garbage bags and I'm about to vacuum up the deck now. Any suggestions on what else I can do to dry it out? Or where to get a travel cover? Surely I'm not the only guy to get stuck in a rainstorm on the road.

I have the same model also a 92. Ironically I'm also from the northwoods of WI. I picked up a cover for a 21ssv and it fit like a glove. I personally don't trailer with a cover, recently towed mine from McHenry to Phoenix. I feel that the rubbing of the cover against the hull leaves marks.

As for drying it out; I take out both drain plugs middle and rear and pop the plastic cover over the bilge, remove all the seat cushions and let them dry inside, lastly lift the walk through and have it rest on the spring. I feel that this airs out the boat. In the back there is a teak step between the middle seats which I also remove. Yes this does take a bit of time but your dealing with a 23 year old boat. Congrats!
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

BigCity444, just took the better part of the day, with the wet vac, a bunch of towels & rags drying and cleaning up. The boats looking pretty sharp at this point. Still a bit damp and the foam in the cushions is defiantly wet. Does that ever dry out? Anyhow, I left the seats propped up and threw the cover on for the night. I'll open it all up again in the morning. I'm gonna look into that 21 SSV cover. It sounds promising. Thanks!

If you are ever around NE Indiana, there is a local guy here who makes custom covers.

Got mine for right at $550. Took the boat to him and about 3 days later Had me a new cover and poles.

86 Saltare