Default Supra launch ssv problems

Ok guys I have a problem with my boat I just bought it last weekend and when I looked at it it ran great seemed like it had no problems other than some minor issues
    today I put my boat in the water and after I realized my Vdrive was low on oil (missed this on the check too excited lol) fixed that problem and we were off after I motored out
    of the no wake zone I rolled into the throttle and she took off everything seemed good then it just fell on its face boat would not go over about 22 according to GPS. I checked the
    fuel just to make sure the gauge wasn't wrong, checked the trans oil and it looked ok if I checked it right. so I could not figure out anything after that so I trailered it and brought it home
    so my question is has anyone had this problem before or is there anything else I can check. thanks for the input im new to the Vdrive game.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnson1203 View Post
    Ok guys I have a problem with my boat I just bought it last weekend and when I looked at it it ran great seemed like it had no problems other than some minor issues
    today I put my boat in the water and after I realized my Vdrive was low on oil (missed this on the check too excited lol) fixed that problem and we were off after I motored out
    of the no wake zone I rolled into the throttle and she took off everything seemed good then it just fell on its face boat would not go over about 22 according to GPS. I checked the
    fuel just to make sure the gauge wasn't wrong, checked the trans oil and it looked ok if I checked it right. so I could not figure out anything after that so I trailered it and brought it home
    so my question is has anyone had this problem before or is there anything else I can check. thanks for the input im new to the Vdrive game.
    Sounds like it went into limp mode. Any chance it got too hot or the impeller failed? This can cause it to happen.

The limp mode is to protect you from more serious damage. Your engine ECU is saying, "something isn't right here." Depending on your engine, you can probably test it yourself and see what the code is. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/do-yourself-boating-budget/103342-make-marine-efi-code-tool-less-than-$1-00-a.html

You can also buy a cheap code scanner if you're more into the brevity thing. http://www.michiganmotorz.com/codema...er-p-2459.html
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Well guys I think I finally found my problem. Don't laugh to hard but as I was going over things today with my dealer I realized as I left the dock yesterday
    I turned my perfect pass on being a newbie to these boats I never realized that when in the on or active position it was like cruise control and thus causing the
    problem. Not my finest moment but hey you live and learn I guess on to the next life lesson. Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnson1203 View Post
    Well guys I think I finally found my problem. Don't laugh to hard but as I was going over things today with my dealer I realized as I left the dock yesterday
    I turned my perfect pass on being a newbie to these boats I never realized that when in the on or active position it was like cruise control and thus causing the
    problem. Not my finest moment but hey you live and learn I guess on to the next life lesson. Thanks for the help
    lol.... when i read the thread I was about to ask if you had your perfect pass on. Sure enough....

Hey.. it's better to feel a little stupid for a second than have a serious problem on your hands. Easy fixes are the best ones. Live and learn. Cheers!
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

22mph . . . better than the perfect pass 10.5mph #2 setting . . .

Yeah no kidding took the boat out today and it ran great

The EXACT thing happened to me when I bought mine!!
    2010 Launch 21V

This is one of the best "solved" threads ever! So happy for you that it worked out to be something simple. Enjoy your new boat!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

awesome, your not the first , not the last .......mine was ..why the heck will my boat not fire up ...duh ..throttle not in neutral
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Been there Doug. Took a group of six people to see the powerboat races down by Pickwick Dam. We were 17 miles from the boat ramp where we put in. It came time to leave and the boat would crank, fire for a second and then die. I was convinced the carb had vapor locked. I spent 20 minutes dumping water on the carb float bowls and fuel line before I realized the kill switch lanyard was halfway off the switch.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown