Threaded View

Default '88 Supra "TREXGate" install

After seeing the various homebrew ghetto gates and having done a lot of testing of my own last year, I decided to bite the bullet and make a permanent gate of my own on both sides. The initial idea was to use a turnbuckle for deployment and retraction, but I scrapped that after it would bind upon retraction, and it also wouldn't retract far enough to not affect the wakeboard wake when stowed. After a lot of testing, tons of trips to the hardware store to try different deployment methods, I finally have settled on this configuration.
    image1.jpg
    image2.jpg
    image12.jpg

I took off my OEM platform and sold it to a member here, which covered most of the cost of making this setup. If I had to do it again, I could probably make the platform and gates shown, including all hardware, for around $200. The system mounts to the hull with stainless hardware, sealed with 3M 4200. Four pieces of Trex composite decking were around $17/each and are enough to make both gates and a new swim platform.
    image6.jpg
    image7.jpg
    Last edited by jtryon; 07-01-2015 at 10:34 AM.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!