Default Water Intrusion - Comp TS6M

Well after the rebuild, I thought the caulking under the rub rail had separated so I re did that good and don't see any water coming in that way.

After a heavy rainstorm I opened the engine cover and there was a good amount of water in the bilge. Is it safe to say my cover is toast? How much rain water could you expect trough the front intake louvres? The cover is about 8 years old. Luckily the boat is on the trailer with the larger cover on top.

Here is the odd one. Somehow there was water in the battery tray which is in the ski locker and the tray is fiberglass so the water could only come from above. I am baffled but I am taking a guess the water has found a path through the tarp/windshield area...

Also noticed small amounts of water coming through the rub rail and is getting trapped near my new foam by the exhaust outlets. Looking from the inside the fiberglass is wet where the deck/hull meet but mainly in the rear ski locker area. Notice this when the boat is on the trailer with just the single cover. As I mentioned, there is more than enough silicone on the bottom side.

Any thoughts??
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt

If you are going to store it where it can be rained on its best to remove the drain plug . The front loovers are made to allow air in . There is no reason water cant get in there also.

I have exactly the same issue Mike.

My cover lets water in if it gathers anywhere, The ski locker gets wet if water finds its way into you cubby box (Glove box) as it has drain holes which drop directly on to the battery box area. I assume you battery is in the same place as mine? (on the right hand firewall close to the back of the seat in the ski locker)

The only conclusion i can make is that the cover is toast so im buying a new one from a fellow member here. I plan to store my boat under cover once i have completed all the work planned.

The cover is letting some water through, especially if it's 8 years old. I had an older cover on my boat - at least 15 years old - and I always had a little water on the floor and in a few places in the boat after heavy rain. New cover this year, boat is totally dry after heavy rain.

The battery tray water thing happens to me sometimes, I think it happens when water (rain usually) gets in the bow louvers and runs down the carpet into the tray.