Question July 4th Engine Trouble

Help, my 2009 22v has never had a problem but of all times it decides to not run on 4th of July with lots of friends.
    It cranks, but sounds like it isn't getting enough fuel. My kids ran it low on fuel last week and maybe ran it out but I don't no if was really out or just wouldn't start back but I suspect they ran it out of fuel because I know it was low when they took it out. I have changed the fuel filter and it has a half tank of fuel now. After changing the fuel filter I get the same behavior. The fuel pump seems to be working. I can get it to run a few seconds then it dies. I have tried to remove the air filter but after loosening the hose clamp the filter won't come off. Can't figure out the secret to removing it. HELP please! Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Default Correction to original post

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    Help, my 2009 22v has never had a problem but of all times it decides to not run on 4th of July with lots of friends.
    It cranks, but sounds like it isn't getting enough fuel. My kids ran it low on fuel last week and maybe ran it out but I don't no if was really out or just wouldn't start back but I suspect they ran it out of fuel because I know it was low when they took it out. I have changed the fuel filter and it has a half tank of fuel now. After changing the fuel filter I get the same behavior. The fuel pump seems to be working. I can get it to run a few seconds then it dies. I have tried to remove the air filter but after loosening the hose clamp the filter won't come off. Can't figure out the secret to removing it. HELP please! Any suggestions? Thoughts?
    Correction. Meant to say Flame arrestor instead of air filter.

sounds like the screen that is in the tank if you already changed the fuel filter. it should be located on the end of the fuel pickup line.
    Function before fashion!

Make sure throttle is in neutral
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug