Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Push the shaft one way, then the other. The middle of the two is center...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine was out enough that I just moved the strut as far as it would go in the correct direction and just lived with that.

video feed has started for the rebuild !! please subscribe and comment !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTb7_93UQeY
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Ok so I got it tore down , and found 2 Pistons with broke rings , 3 mains wiped with grooves in bearings , and 1 Pistons skirt was cracked down the side !! the block is still at standard bore and looks to be in good shape ,

I'm getting ready to send it to the machine shop to be manafluxed and bored .30 over , I plan to grind crank , line hone mains , deck block .

Installing stock crank , eagle forged rods , hyper or forged positions +.30 , comp cam (grind tbd),
    ARP hardware , melling oil pump , flotek heads TBD on cc size , double row timing change and gears , performer intake , maybe a different Dizzy .

I need some help on the right rods , the stock length is 5.965 ? Do I just buy stock rods ?

On cam shaft anybody have any input on a com cam kit ? I want to use hydro rollers .

Help ! Lol

Thanks , lively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK guys I got the block back I opted to get a 94 roller instead of the older flat tappet, so I talked to comp cams and told them that I wanted to use flow tech heads with either the 194 or 202 valve spec ,

They suggested the K35–514–8 extreme energy cam kit . It's listed for 302 but I have to talk to him again about 351 . Anybody ever use the set up or what do you think?

I can't answer as what components you should be using, but it's looking good. Very clean and I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with the results when it's done. It obviously had some issues that needed attention.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Yes , I talked to comp cams again and they said for the heads I want to use that cam kit will work really well , rpm range is 1600- 5600 and I'll be ordering parts soon as I do some more research to make sure it fits the buck

Calling all engine gurus !

So here are my numbers tell me what you think far as my calculations go for compression ratio .

Bore: 4.030
    Stroke: 3.5310
    Deck: .020
    Piston dish: 14.61cc or 20.5cc including deck
    Heads "flotek" : 58cc
    Head gasket dia: 4.100
    Head gasket compressed: .040

Static ratio : 9.66:1
    Compression ratio : 9.47:1

I am ready to finish this build and finally got the funds to do so . But I wanna see if anyone has anymore thoughts or suggestions to help aide the nail biting decisions lol !

ok guys !! pics and videos coming soon i just placed 2 orders in for $4k in parts !!

*flo-tek 58cc heads assy

*comp cams XEK35-514-8 cam kit

* 1.6 rockers

* edlebrock performer intake

* ARP bolts / studs

*oil pan

*Harmonic balancer

*ACME 541 3 blade

*PSS shaft seal

*shaft coupling

*48" A-19 SS shaft "fit and faced with coupler"

* and a bunch of engine dress up

I think i am gonna have to use header spacers cause the valve covers on 94 roller 351w seem tall due to roller cam and valve train im assuming , but im stoked !! and can wait to share the finishing of the build .. bunch of money on and old boat , but hey my kids will enjoy it in a few years so what the heck !! cheers !

Wow! You're all in! That's going to be a heck of a motor. Look forward to seeing the video of it running.

Congrats!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839