Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blacktip jetsports sheet

Anyone familiar with this stuff. Going to try the black diamond on my swim platform. A guy recommended who did his swim platform . A lot cheaper then seadeck and gets good reviews on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/BlackTip-Jetsp.../dp/B00843WACQ
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

I have used them for my jet ski with great results...I don't see why they wouldn't work well for the swim deck....I will say that the material is much softer than what is on my swim deck on my boat so it might not hold up as well as the OME type material...
    Last edited by Swamplandkarl; 07-22-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Interesting, even if it didn't hold up I could do my comp twice on one sheet.

Just remember that removing this stuff is never as fun as putting it down!

Quote Originally Posted by MJR119 View Post
    Just remember that removing this stuff is never as fun as putting it down!
    Well I would hope so. You dont want it peeling off. Im sure the original stuff thats on my platform now isnt going to be fun to remove either.

More than just peeling off... It comes off in tiny pieces if you use the contact cement. Then leaves a hard, rough residue. It could also pull up gel coating and paint.

Quote Originally Posted by MJR119 View Post
    More than just peeling off... It comes off in tiny pieces if you use the contact cement. Then leaves a hard, rough residue. It could also pull up gel coating and paint.
    Contact cement? We don't need no stinking contact cement. It's peel and stick.

The 3m peel and stick does not hold as well as the contact cement. But if you are okay with removing it and putting down a new sheet after a season or two you will probably be better off with the 3m. Depending on how much your boat sits in the sun.

So MJR119 have you used this stuff before? It sounds like your talking about Hydroturf which you glue down or order it with stick backing.http://www.shopsbt.com/mm5/merchant....ip-sheet-goods

Yes I have used all types of Hydroturf and black tip mats. Both with and without the 3M backing. I prefer hydroturf but they are they are essentially the same.