Thread: Today's cook

Default Today's cook

I'm getting things going for a good session with the smoker today.

All fired up and ready for the cook. Pork butt, venison roast, MOINK balls, armadillo eggs and smoked cheese chips are on today's menu.

Prepped a small venison roast last night...injected with beef broth and coated in the seasoning I normally use for tri-tip roasts (pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, montreal steak seasoning). Still contemplating on the method to cook the venison. I'll put it on at the end of the cook, which is when I normally when I have the temp a bit higher and the butt wrapped for the finish.

Butt is slathered and sprinkled...

More to come...

Update...pork butt coming along nicely...nice bark formed and wrapped for the finish. Got the appetizers ready and on the smoker. Ran out of room, so probably not going to do the cheese chips.

Some pics of the aftermath...

I've looked at these pics so many times. Need to get a smoker. Do you like yours?...would you get that style again or something else?

Where's the garden in the first pic? You still growing? We've been too busy lately and ours is an overgrown mess. Supposedly going to get back into it if work ever permits.

Yes, I'd like to get another offset, but go bigger.

We tore the garden down in preparation for moving in to our new place. We're in a rental, so I needed to make sure we got grass growing back in the area the garden was before we leave.