Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    It's ugly. Not hideous as many new boats are, but thoroughly ugly. The bow is goofy, the tower is goofy (dislike two leg towers, seem weak and look weird), the gel schemes are ugly (maybe needs more skulls?), the cap comes down far with a goofy location for rub rail/seam.

The dash looks about a hair shy of useless. Goofy exhaust. Small engine. Electronics and computers in critical systems.

I'm sure it's a great boat in the utilitarian sense so long as you aren't the type to keep things long enough for things to break or wear out.
    I honestly don't think we're looking at the same boat

It's ugly. Not hideous as many new boats are, but thoroughly ugly. The bow is goofy, the tower is goofy (dislike two leg towers, seem weak and look weird), the gel schemes are ugly (maybe needs more skulls?), the cap comes down far with a goofy location for rub rail/seam.

The dash looks about a hair shy of useless. Goofy exhaust. Small engine. Electronics and computers in critical systems.

I'm sure it's a great boat in the utilitarian sense so long as you aren't the type to keep things long enough for things to break or wear out.
    Wow! Small engine? What's so small about a Raptor 440?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    I honestly don't think we're looking at the same boat
    The one I'm commenting on is listed as "2016 SA 400-550" at the top of the page. i also noticed other things I dislike, such as buttons of the steering wheel and a goofy seat base/pedestal (maybe it has some purpose or storage?).

Quote Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
    Wow! Small engine? What's so small about a Raptor 440?
    440? I thought it was 379 cubic inches. That's why I said small, as opposed to tiny.

Comparing to the 80s or 90s 454s?

The one I'm commenting on is listed as "2016 SA 400-550" at the top of the page. i also noticed other things I dislike, such as buttons of the steering wheel and a goofy seat base/pedestal (maybe it has some purpose or storage?).

440? I thought it was 379 cubic inches. That's why I said small, as opposed to tiny.
    The "goofy" seat base is to house the mechanism for it be electrically height adjustable. And the steering wheel buttons control the stereo and surf system without having to take your hands off the wheel.

The engine is from a Ford Raptor, I wouldn't call it small

I looked at the pictures again and do you know whats interesting? The profile of the boat is very similar to a old glastron tri-hull. I wonder if they did that on purpose?

This boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I can't tell who's being serious on this thread and who's being a troll. I think the boat is gorgeous and although I would worry about buying a used one in 10 years with all of the electronics that could be (and will be) failing at some point..... If I was in the market for a new boat, with a warranty, this would certainly be one I would look at. I think Supra is really killing it right now with their new boats.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

You know what else people really hated when implemented in a boat? Fuel injection. "Oh but carbs are so simple and easy to work on with no computers and such". I wouldn't ever look at a boat with a carb again.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

People that hate the new looks and complain about the technology crack me up. You guys belong in the balcony with the old guys from the Muppets. As stated above, FI was the end of the world but everyone has it now. And by the way, gauges are electronic and have been for quite awhile. Where is the outrage?? At least supra has redundancy built into their system with back up switches.

And as for the looks, guess what, it makes the boat practical. You put 7 or 8 people in the boat and you will really appreciate the big bow and wide beam. What to surf a really fun wave wave? Just press a button and in 10 minutes you are surfing a killer wave without bags, listing, and chilly dipping the bow. The Roswell tower is the best in the industry and ROCK SOLID. Never a rattle. I guess some folks like their boat to look like a phallic symbol. Whatever, I will take function over form.

Engine size???? Bahahahah. The Ford 6.2 has as much torque as the old BB chevy and provides it burning less gas and without killing passengers breathing fumes on the swim step. Who cares if it has smaller displacement??

You can have you narrow, low freeboard, wood stringer boat with fat sacks everywhere and while you are replacing stringers and rebuilding carbs, I will be out on the water.