Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Congrats Marvin!

Was at the tire shop getting 4 lock nuts removed (2 on spare, one on each wheel) as the key didnt come with the boat. 2 hours later finnaly done. Make sure youknow where your lock key is.

20150817_155353_resized.jpg

Thanks I will have to do that, it does look good!
    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    One suggestion that'd be a real quick and easy mod. Get some Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint and paint the grills of your kicker KM6500.2 mids to black. Especially since you have black cans, I think that blacking out the grills would complete the look. I did that to mine and it looks a TON better.

-cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

A few more coats of oil this week. The one piece came out a good bit darker, but that's fine it adds character I suppose. Now I'll have to do the other teak parts. Really wish this had a teak platform.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    A few more coats of oil this week. The one piece came out a good bit darker, but that's fine it adds character I suppose. Now I'll have to do the other teak parts. Really wish this had a teak platform.

Nice, I ended up painting what little teak I had left black to match my interior, mistake, it has since peeled- and this bow hatch cover somehow managed to shrink up and crack, not saying its due to the black paint- but it was fine for almost 20 years, I rattle can it 4 years ago and it implodes.

Chasing freighters

Surfing Lake Austin

Lake Austin_2015.jpg

Drinking on LBJ - August 2015

LBJ_2015.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by barelyfloating; 08-28-2015 at 01:45 PM.

So we did a double header. Went out on Wednesday with forecasted temps in the 90's and winds below 5mph. These are the evenings I yearn for! And it delivered.

Wakeboarding on this water is what it's all about. And remember, "Safety Third!"

I can't get enough of that smile and I'm so stoked to have a "Surfer Girl" wife.

Goodnight from the Pacific NW.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Seeing that our area is going to get some "much needed rain" (we have record wildfires) this weekend, we had to do an encore night. high of 88 degrees with 4mph winds = recipe for another stellar evening on the water.

And we made the right choice because this weekend we're getting 20-30mph winds with "wind driven rain" and an inch or two of rain. Wow.

Last night We only had three of us, which was fine since that just meant more ride time. Our normal ride spot was basically empty all night. at any given time we were the only boat playing on the water. It was amazing.

Started off with a 2 mile long slalom run. Then did another 2 mile long slalom back the other direction.
    Then my friend did the same (but on 2 skis).
    Then I wakeboarded a 2 mile run, took a breather in the water and wakeboarded back another 2 miles.
    Finished off the evening with around a 1.5 to 2 mile long surf.
    My legs were burning but I couldn't get enough of the smooth water. (I've really been going through withdrawls with the windy days we've had recently).

When you can see me smiling all the way at the end of the ski rope, you know it's a good night.

(also, that's boardshorts and a rash guard. No neoprene needed!!!)

It was even smooth through the main channel of the Columbia River. In contrast to days when there will be 2 foot tall whitecaps that limit the boat to 15mph or less.

Love that smooth water, even if it's just cruising at 30mph back to the launch.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

New Supra rider but wanted to share a few of our outings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk