Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking on Water

Default Taking on Water

I'm taking on alot water on the passenger side, on the outer stringer side next to the exhaust tube. Any thoughts?
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Seal around exhaust flitting to the hull?
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

That or under the rub rail

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by leetudor View Post
    Seal around exhaust flitting to the hull?
    ^ This or there's also a joint where the transom mounted plate meets the exhaust tube. It's a couple inches up the pipe from the transom.

Just resealed the exhaust threw the hull, and replaced the Super Traps. Also resealed the wake plate. Rub rail is all solid. So probly need to pull the floor up to look at that Transom bracket?
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

I can't help on this, but I am curious. You guys are saying the rub rail can be a source? I think my transom is pretty tight overall, and my stuffing box drips what it should, yet every so often I notice the bilge pump running after I drop when I'm skiing. Can a leaky rub rail really let in that much water?

Chris the rub rail will allow water in if the silicone is bad. When I first got my supra I kept feeling little drops of water hit my leg when I was driving. Removed all the silicone resealed it. My Bilge has run a lot less since I have done that. Another palace to look for water is the silencers. Mine had a hole in it. Had to reglass it.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Silencers? I think they may have misnamed that particular part of the exhaust. As for the rub rail, I assumed the extra water coming in was likely coming in over the bow, it's not a lot, but it is something to address when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    Silencers? I think they may have misnamed that particular part of the exhaust. As for the rub rail, I assumed the extra water coming in was likely coming in over the bow, it's not a lot, but it is something to address when I get the chance.
    Your exhaust once it runs below the floor is just a metal tube all the way to the back where the Super Trapps are and it is supposed to be the Trapps that are the muffler I guess.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Supertrapps? I don't need no stinking Supertrapps! Mine is just holes out the back, I don't really see the point of flappers, and I heard the supertrapps are more trouble than they're worth. I'm planning on a DIY FAE one of these days.