Thread: Mondo to SC400

Default Mondo to SC400

Ladies and Gents....

So you probably have seen my Mondo for sale& trying to decide between jumping over to the Axis T23 or trade in and go 15' SC400. I know these are different playing fields however the main driving purpose here is to get an extra foot or two in length and have a Surf first boat in terms of use. Reason for the Axis is to keep it simple and same price point while achieving the surf machine concept and reason for the Supra is the ease of trading in and buying up to the SC and getting the touch screen pre-sets and I really like the layout of the interior for how my family operates on the boat.

Long winded way to ask, on a Supra forum, will I be disappointed with the Surf quality on the SC400, we need the ability for monster waves with tons of push.

There is no argument that the T23 can surf like a champ for that quality bracket of boat and price....

Is the SC400 worth spending another $15k over the Axis?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Short answer? Yes... It will surf incredibly well. Demo one and you'll see. The SC is an incredible boat for surfing and wakeboarding. Drive it and drive the Axis and it'll speak for itself from a quality and performance perspective. No brainer between the two, IMO. SC all day everyday

Stealthall,

My email is [email protected]. I would be glad to put you in touch with one of our team riders that has used the SC extensively for surf. Trevor Miller. The boat pulled the NWWSA event this year, which is part of the World Series of Surfing and received rave reviews. Drop me a note by email if you can and I will try to help you in your search for info. Thank you for considering us.

Rick

Sent you a pm

Not sure you can even compare an Axis to a SC. I know the SC surfs, wakes, and handles amazing. The Axis may do that as well, but can't confirm as I have not been on one, but the sheer quality and fit and finish of the two boats should have about a $30k difference in price tags... Just my 2 cents, but demo both and I am sure you can justify the $15k difference very easy...

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Stealthall,

My email is [email protected]. I would be glad to put you in touch with one of our team riders that has used the SC extensively for surf. Trevor Miller. The boat pulled the NWWSA event this year, which is part of the World Series of Surfing and received rave reviews. Drop me a note by email if you can and I will try to help you in your search for info. Thank you for considering us.

Rick
    Hummmm. One of the Supra owners is talking with you? Getting that from Axis?
    +1 Supra

Fit and finish of the two boats will not compare.
    +2 Supra

If you have a good dealer by you, that would an important item for me, when something needs to be looked at.
    +3 Supra

Plus, if both boats were even, I do not like the Axis 'lines' when looking at the boat profile.

M-

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Not sure you can even compare an Axis to a SC. I know the SC surfs, wakes, and handles amazing. The Axis may do that as well, but can't confirm as I have not been on one, but the sheer quality and fit and finish of the two boats should have about a $30k difference in price tags... Just my 2 cents, but demo both and I am sure you can justify the $15k difference very easy...
    Tyler has an SC..So he would be able to provide good feedback.

This right here is why I would go with SC! Personal service from the top, my next boat will always be a Supra/Moomba. Unless I buy another slalom/barefoot tug then sorry RickT you guys left that market unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Stealthall,

Rick
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

I would guess you'll easily recoup that $15k at resale, too. Seems like an easy decision to me.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

So I was in the same position you are, I have been behind the SE, SG, SC,and the SA. My position was versatility, I still like to ski , wakeboard , kneeboard (my body hates me for it) and surf. The SC accommodated all these very well. Get behind them all and see for yourself thats the best way make this kind of decision.
    1990 Supra Saltare