Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dustin... didn't realize this was you. Sorry to hear about the damage man.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by pridekit View Post
    In the last set of pics, the first picture, it looks like there is a dark spot in the fiberglass. A hole or maybe just a dark spot in the glass/resin, I'd check that out for sure. The rest just looks like gelcoat to me.
    I see that, too. It seems like that could be a crack in the fiberglass.

Dustin, take a look at the pics I emailed you and you can see what structures line up on the inside. I think the one spot where it is closest to the bunk may be right under the main stringer, and the biggest damage area looks cracked, so it might be good to see if it cracked in the inside. That should be under the gas tank, but could extend to under the seat.

Thanks Okie, haven't seen any pics in my email yet tho...

I took it to a shop in Smithville, MO (Shoreline Boat and RV). The guy there seems pretty knowledgeable. The quote they gave me was $3k which included grinding down past the gel and repairing the fiberglass. He said with the cracking like that he's pretty certain the fiberglass underneath is cracked as well. Once they see how bad that is they will determine whether or not they need to pull the fuel tank and look at the top side and stringer connections.

This will be going to insurance, have a $500 deductible.

Good news is I should be back in the water by Labor Day weekend, maybe this weekend even.

Quote Originally Posted by dyost View Post

I took it to a shop in Smithville, MO (Shoreline Boat and RV). The guy there seems pretty knowledgeable. The quote they gave me was $3k which included grinding down past the gel and repairing the fiberglass. He said with the cracking like that he's pretty certain the fiberglass underneath is cracked as well. Once they see how bad that is they will determine whether or not they need to pull the fuel tank and look at the top side and stringer connections.

This will be going to insurance, have a $500 deductible.

Good news is I should be back in the water by Labor Day weekend, maybe this weekend even.
    Nice... Shoreline does great work. Your boat is safe with them.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by dyost View Post
    I'll check to see if it sent.

If you are claiming on insurance definitely make sure they check rudder mount shaft alignment. Might even be worth looking at stringer/floor repair. If it has in fact cracked the fibreglass under stringer it could have dislodged the stringer. Unfortunately it is just one of those things that happen. Very frustrating though.

If it is just gel coat and minimal fibreglass it might make more sense to have a go yourself. $3k sounds like a lot irrespective of insurance to sand back an area of gel coat and redo some fibreglass. Could be wrong though.

Okie. Any chance I can have a copy of that pic please. Thanks.

What pic do you want?

U have a pic showing what structure lines up with where on the inside. Think it would be great for me wanting to put a bung on each side of the stringers.

If it shows that sort of thing I would greatly appreciate a copy.

Thanks.

Jason