Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Mastercraft X26............... $200K all day.

http://www.mastercraft.com/boat/detail/x26

Its sharp looking, but Starting price of $150K as soon as you add a trailer you are more than a totally optioned out SE550! Thanks but I will stay with Supra! Of course I can't afford either but thats beside the point.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    http://www.mastercraft.com/boat/detail/x26

Its sharp looking, but Starting price of $150K as soon as you add a trailer you are more than a totally optioned out SE550! Thanks but I will stay with Supra! Of course I can't afford either but thats beside the point.
    Eh, different class of boat.

SE is a 24 footer. X26 is 2 feet bigger and more of a day cruiser. Nice boat, stupid expensive... Let someone else take the 100k depreciation hit on that thing over a few years and pick it up in 20 years or so when they can't be given away.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

It seems really narrow for 26'. I can't imagine my boat being 5 foot longer with the same beam.

Overall my reaction to a 26' towboat with a head, fridge and bow thruster... I just don't get it. Given the choice I'd take the SA or whatever we were talking about in the other thread?

102" beam is the largest that can be towed without any special permits... that's why. Pretty standard in the towable boat industry.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I don't know, my buddy would appreciate it if I had a head on my boat. I'm not sure that I want to clean it out though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Overall my reaction to a 26' towboat with a head, fridge and bow thruster... I just don't get it. Given the choice I'd take the SA or whatever we were talking about in the other thread?
    It's butting into the I/O bow rider segment. You want a Cobalt, or you want this thing to cruise around on the Ozarks and have an occasional tow behind the boat? This is not a good boat to put on some 300 acre private lake, but that's not its intentions. If you've ever been on a 40,000 acre lake, they get choppy, and this would handle that superbly while you shuttle all your buddies around from bar to bar, or head to a cove to spend the day.

Supra doesn't even have anything in the same class... there's really nothing to compare it to.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I don't get spending that kind of money on a boat that doesn't do anything great. for 200k you could buy a low hour xstar and a low hour formula 353 fastech with a pair of 525s and have 2 boats that serve their purpose very well.

My buddy had that boat, the 353 Formula w/ 525s and Bravos. Fun boat in choppy waters. Well built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Indeed. I boat on a large river so I know what it's like having white caps or just random walls of water from tugs, barges, or huge ships. My thought was it would make more sense to have a cruiser than that MC, though a go fast could serve well too. Would be nice to have something like a Chris Craft Commander as a home base or mothership for a day or weekend on the river. Heck, for the price of that thing you could have a ~40' cruiser, ~40' go fast and a wake or ski boat too... Heck, a wake boat and a ski boat too. Why compromise with a boat that doesn't do anything all that well?