Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Indeed. I boat on a large river so I know what it's like having white caps or just random walls of water from tugs, barges, or huge ships. My thought was it would make more sense to have a cruiser than that MC, though a go fast could serve well too. Would be nice to have something like a Chris Craft Commander as a home base or mothership for a day or weekend on the river. Heck, for the price of that thing you could have a ~40' cruiser, ~40' go fast and a wake or ski boat too... Heck, a wake boat and a ski boat too. Why compromise with a boat that doesn't do anything all that well?
    40' go fast is a whole different level haha. It takes very deep pockets to make a boat that big go fast. This is a friends older brother's boat, pretty sure engines and drives are in the 6 figures and they don't last long. Twin blower motors, #6 drives. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwD5PjF1JVM

Yea, #6s and 1100hp motors are north of 100K. That 41 Apache is a very heavy boat. Made for pounding ocean waves. Big waves.
    Those were the old-school Miami boats along with the classic Cigarettes.

I love reading articles about boating. Yes, this gets into new racing motors and is on the extreme, but I recall reading this article in a boating mag - Mercury Racing 1350 engine and M8 drive - $200K - for one.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/articles...damn-expensive

Crazy numbers. I guess if you have to buy a pair, you might get a discount . . . who can just buy one on a 40+ footer?

M-

for 200k you could get a nice early Carmargue 46 which sleeps 6, handles the open sea and has twin V8 diesels, i know what id rather have, keep the TS6 and buy the Carmargue haha. $200k for a boat that does nothing well???? if your into wake surfing then the Carmargue would do nicely....might be an issue trailering it though

MC has to do something to compete with the G23-G25 . MC has been playing catch up since 2013 I doubt putting out a 26' whale for 200k is going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    MC has to do something to compete with the G23-G25 . MC has been playing catch up since 2013 I doubt putting out a 26' whale for 200k is going to change anything.
    This boat is not for avid water sports boaters like many of us. This is for people who buy Malibus, Mastercrafts and the sorts just to be flashy. I have seen quite a few tow boats that never have a ski, wakeboard or wake surf behind them ever, let alone a tow rope and as a tow boat owner it drives me nuts, but to each their own I guess.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I have 5 boats and the cost for all of them is under 100k . MC made a 300 for a couple of years it too was more of a cruiser than a pull boat. They don't make them anymore that is what will likely happen to the X26. After all you could buy a 26' Cobalt for less than half the price.

I have 5 boats and the cost for all of them is under 100k . MC made a 300 for a couple of years it too was more of a cruiser than a pull boat. They don't make them anymore that is what will likely happen to the X26. After all you could buy a 26' Cobalt for less than half the price.
    The 300 was more than a day cruiser. Didn't the 300 have sleeping quarters in it? That boat was huge... 30 footer.

MC also made an X80 that sold fine for a while. At 28 feet, it wasn't really a watersports superstar either, but it let you do them if you wanted to. The 26 is a much more manageable size, and is trailerable. The X80 was too large to pull without a permit.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Its all about the wake if its not there you are better off buying an IO for less than half the price. At 7000lbs without ballast this thing is going to be a real gas sucker . But then again if you can spend 200k on a boat gas is the least of your concerns.

I have a problem with IO drives reliability, take the Mercruiser Alpha 2 and Bravo drives....WHAT A POS they are!!! I had to rebuild mine on my Glastron and my ChrisCraft (had a Bravo) Nothing but a royal pain in the arse to be honest. Special tools needed, corrosion and stuck carriers, bearings collapsing, skegs getting busted, gimble bearings going bad, seals leaking and drawing water into the casing let alone the cost of the parts which are horrendous.

I think i will stick to Inboard and Prop shaft drives thanks been there, done that and got the very expensive T shirt and badge.

Its all about the wake if its not there you are better off buying an IO for less than half the price. At 7000lbs without ballast this thing is going to be a real gas sucker . But then again if you can spend 200k on a boat gas is the least of your concerns.
    The in-laws 24SD WSS which has an empty weight of 4800 pounds sucks down gas at 9-12GPH at a conservative power setting and trim set for a healthy balance between wet surface/ride and speed. WOT it sucks it down at 33-36GPH which at a 50 gallon tank means it has to stop often to fill up if you insist on driving it like you stole it. All this with the Volvo Penta 380 power plant in it I believe.

I'll gladly ride around in it once the lake is busy but for early morning and dinner runs in the bay, nothing beats my boat.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski