View Poll Results: Should I promote cheap HLCD in USA ?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course

1 100.00%
  • Probably

0 0%
  • No way

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should I promote my HLCD in USA ?

Hi guys,
    I'm very happy with my new home made HLCD tower speaker. This thing is loud and sound quality.

A few asked me to build one when I finished the first one (not HLCD yet). But shipping from France to USA is a big issue and double the price of the thing.

One of my dream is to live in USA. Close to a lake to can ride of course

To live and work there, I need the Green Card. I can win one at the annual lottery (a friend of mine is trying since 10 years without success). Get married to an American girl. Or find a sponsor company who ask it for me to work with them.

Other idea is to get the tourist visa, so I can stay in USA 3 months a year. More than enough to build and sell some cool stuff. But I can't work for a company. I need to open my own. I know it's possible, a no more friend of mine did it 2 years ago without the green card. But I don't know how it is possible, how to get money back etc.

Anyone with American laws knowledge ? Any lawyer in the place ?

And is it a good idea to promote it in USA ? Anyone interested in a cheap HLCD ?

Here is the link for those who missed it : https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-speaker/page3
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Change your name to Jose and sneak across the southern boarder . Then you can apply for food, housing and medical benefits if you get caught our beloved president will give you amnesty. Make sure you don't mention you are French, educated with a trade or you will be deported for sure.

Good luck, Stephane!

Haha thanks for advise Michael, it sounds insane ... I'm already Da Costa as second name, I'm on the good way ...

Thanks Marvin
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

You've got some heavy competition in the US between wetsounds, exile audio, JL audio, Rockford Fosgate, etc who are already major players in this segment. You've got skills... I'd put your resume out there to some companies you find interesting and go from there. Probably your best bet to get into the audio segment here in the US.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Thanks Mike for advises.
    Not sure JL audio and RFF are doing HLCDs ?
    Regards
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I say go for it, i would love to have HLCD but no way in hell i'm paying for wetsound prices. A price point alternative would be awesome.
    Function before fashion!

Thanks Jeff for support
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

You're correct, JL does not offer HLCD, but RF does. I just mentioned JL because they're a high end provider of just normal near field range speakers that are one of the major players in boat audio. There's others that have HLCD's as well.. Bullitt, Krypt, Exile, WS, RF, etc are all the leaders in that market.

Are your speakers that you're using designed for marine environment? Do they have paper cones/woofers, styrafoam surrounds, etc? Or are they other materials that take wet moist weather better? Those are the kinds of things that bring these others' costs up. Not saying you couldn't compete, but I think you'll find there's lots of competition out there.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    I say go for it, i would love to have HLCD but no way in hell i'm paying for wetsound prices. A price point alternative would be awesome.
    My last boat had the Bazooka HLCD's. My current boat has the Kicker HLCD six-pack. so there are midrange options out there in addition to all the others mentioned in this thread.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.