Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2010 Supra launch radio issues- new radio heads not compatible

When i purchased my 2010 launch i knew that the radio the dealer installed was a stop-gap measure until they could replace with the stock unit. The current unit is a MB-quarts and plays music fine but it does not sync up with supra-vision. I can't control the radio through supra-vision or other function audio related.

The dealer claims that Mb quarts subbed that radio out to a third party and that the unit needed for the 2010 year model is no longer in production, nor can they find a used one. My question is, does anyway have a link to a unit that will work will supra-vision or a fix? Seems odd to me that there isn't a replacement radio for a boat that is only five years old.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog12 View Post
    When i purchased my 2010 launch i knew that the radio the dealer installed was a stop-gap measure until they could replace with the stock unit. The current unit is a MB-quarts and plays music fine but it does not sync up with supra-vision. I can't control the radio through supra-vision or other function audio related.

The dealer claims that Mb quarts subbed that radio out to a third party and that the unit needed for the 2010 year model is no longer in production, nor can they find a used one. My question is, does anyway have a link to a unit that will work will supra-vision or a fix? Seems odd to me that there isn't a replacement radio for a boat that is only five years old.
    I've been wondering the same thing. My 2011 Supra Launch 242 system is "o.k." but it is quirky, has a hum, and some annoying glitches that appear from time to time. I would love to know what options are out there.
    2011 Supra Launch 242
    Lake Entiat, WA
    Lake Washington

Finally found a replacement head. My dealer had to jump through hoops to find it as MB quarts subs their radios out to a third party.

Finally found a replacement head. My dealer had to jump through hoops to find it as MB quarts subs their radios out to a third party.
    Did you replace your my quarts radio? I just bought a 2010 supra 21v and I cannot play music from any other external device

I purchased a 2011 Launch 22v last August, and I had issues with the radio. Could not control from other units, would cut out, etc. The driver control unit display was unreadable, and our initial thought was that it was simply "burned". However, as part of the purchase, the dealer agreed to replace it. It took about a month, but they got me a new MB control unit. I replaced the old one, and I have had zero issues since. I think the driver control unit was actually shorted out, or something to that effect, which then impacted the entire system.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

My 2010 21v is at the dealer now getting a software update on the vision, I guess there has been two new updates since 2010. I just bought the boat with 90 hours and the only issue I have now is no volume control from the vision system, hopefully the update will resolve that. I talked to the MB Quarts sub who made the radio and he suggested installing a blue tooth dangle. It was cheap( 25 bucks) and I bought rca cable splitters and installed it easily. Now I can stream music from my iPhone via Bluetooth. Very simple solution. Can't wait for some warmer weather

I might do that, too, and get the dongle. As is i use the 3.5 mm jack on front of the head unit in the glove box and stream audio that way. It's a long cable, so I can easily access it from the driver's seat, but it has its obvious disadvantages... The radio receiver is next to worthless out on the water.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

I had my software up date done. My USB port to direct connect to the vision was not configured and a chip within the vision had to be updated first before the vision software could be updated. I also had a Bluetooth signal amplifier added which made a big difference. Every time I restarted the boat the volume resets to 14 on the head unit and it would have to be adjusted up to 50 or 60. Simple fix it was about 20 bucks

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Acguy View Post
    I had my software up date done. My USB port to direct connect to the vision was not configured and a chip within the vision had to be updated first before the vision software could be updated. I also had a Bluetooth signal amplifier added which made a big difference. Every time I restarted the boat the volume resets to 14 on the head unit and it would have to be adjusted up to 50 or 60. Simple fix it was about 20 bucks

Who did you call for the update? Skiers Choice?

Who did you call for the update? Skiers Choice?
    I went through the local Supra dealer. Skiers choice won't give out updates unless your a dealer