Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supra 20 SSV Wake Size

Hi, I'm cross-shopping a 2007 Supra 20 SSV with a 2006 Mastercraft X1. The Supra looks sharper, but the wake level would be a deal breaker for me. I know the X1 puts out pro level wakes, but from what I've read, the 20 SSV is a crossover boat with only intermediate wakes. My question is can you add more ballast on the 20 SSV to get a pro level wake?

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraRC View Post
    Hi, I'm cross-shopping a 2007 Supra 20 SSV with a 2006 Mastercraft X1. The Supra looks sharper, but the wake level would be a deal breaker for me. I know the X1 puts out pro level wakes, but from what I've read, the 20 SSV is a crossover boat with only intermediate wakes. My question is can you add more ballast on the 20 SSV to get a pro level wake?

Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    Not sure how big you need, and I don't wakeboard a ton, but my 20 gives me all I can handle and more. The X1 obviously will throw a massive wake with a ton of weight. I upgraded my bags to 750's in the rear, and can put other weight around, and the wake looks great. Where you located at? Best bet is to get behind one and ride. Not a ton of 20's out there, but if you're anywhere close to KC, I'm happy to give you a pull.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Thanks for the offer, Mike, but unfortunately I live in Texas. I appreciate the feedback though.

Does anyone else have an opinion on how these wakes compare?

Thanks again

Where in Texas are you? If you could get out to lake Conroe there are tons ofSupras out here you could look around at on a Sunday on the island. There's one 20SSV I know of that shows up in wakeboard cove, and he throws a great looking wake
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Ha, I was actually in Conroe today looking at that Mastercraft X1. It looked like crap, honestly. The previous owner obviously didn't take care of it. I live in Houston, so I'm right close by. After doing a lot of searching, it seems like most are happy with their wake, but it was mostly opinions on rampy vs peaky. I'm probably going to take a look at the 20 SSV next week. Hopefully it looks much better than that X1..

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraRC View Post
    Ha, I was actually in Conroe today looking at that Mastercraft X1. It looked like crap, honestly. The previous owner obviously didn't take care of it. I live in Houston, so I'm right close by. After doing a lot of searching, it seems like most are happy with their wake, but it was mostly opinions on rampy vs peaky. I'm probably going to take a look at the 20 SSV next week. Hopefully it looks much better than that X1..
    What are they asking for the 20ssv? X1?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Both are $30k.

I wouldn't offer anything near that for the Mastercraft for the condition it was in though..

If you're interested, my 24SSV GG is going up for sale tomorrow... 242hrs.
    I've got my eye on a new SG lol

Hi Pilot, unfortunately my truck wouldn't be able to tow it and it wouldn't it in my garage. Those were a lot of the reasons I was interested in smaller boats like the 20 ssv and X1. I have a visit scheduled for Thursday.. crossing my fingers it'll still be there..

Completely understand.... Good luck!