Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2002 Supra Launch wakesurfing help

Sorry posted this under wakeboarding and skating!
    I purchased a 2002 Supra Launch and have some questions on the best setup to surf behind it.
    I'm looking at getting a ballast system installed.
    My back locker is 70x13x10 and wondering what the best setup would be?
    Also have the front compartment under my playpen.
    From what I have tell I can get 500LBS in the back and around 750LBS in the front.
    Should I also get some additional bags to manually fill and put on the surf side?
    Thanks for any help.
    Paul

I have a 1180 fly high in my front, two 750 fly high sacs in the rear Mine is an 03 Launch. I'm not sure if there is much of a difference but your back locker measurements seam awful small. None of my bags fill up all the way but do conform to all available space. I then bought these adapters and a pump to reuse my stock bags when it is just me and the wife out.

The wife and I couldn't get fun surfable wake with stock ballast and no getto gate. With the new ballast and a getto gate I couldn't imagine it getting any better. just my .02 and CONGRATS ON A NEW BOAT!

Bowz
    03 SSV 1180FWD, 750'S AFT, ACME1433, GETTO GATES FOR BOTH SIDES
    05 CUMMINS EXTRA AIR AND EVEN MORE FUEL (MAIN TOW RIG)
    08 FJ TRAIL TEAMS ED (10 MIN OR LESS TO THE RIVER TOW RIG)
    01 JETTA TDI

I run the same set up without getto gates? but also use an 1100lbs in front left locker. and leave right 750 empty. Was wanting to fill and run wake shaper, What gate are you using???

I am using ones i made out of plastic, next time I get into the boat I'll grab a picture for you. They are totally worth it.

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI

still waiting on those pictures ????? summer is around corner just added perfect pass, fresh air exhuast and doing a new swim platform !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! summer cant come soon enough

Just got into the boat yesterday. I'll run back out today and snap a pic of the gates.

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI

Collapsed with one end of the galvanized turnbuckle installed.

Set up with the turnbuckle, you can see the cutout for the swim platform to slide into and the microfiber towel on the hull side to prevent gel coat scratches.

Installed, you can see the blue strap to ensure it doesn't get float tested(it will fail) and the angle.

Another shot! Hope this helps.

Bowz

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI

Default 2002 Supra Launch wakesurfing help

750 rear bags, stock front bag 1/2ish and getto gate. Wife and me in boat and low on fuel.

Bowz
    Last edited by BOWZ; 04-13-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    01 JETTA TDI

Old thread got resurrected. From the look of your pictures it is pretty obvious the boat is a V-Drive. I am guessing the OP's boat is a Direct Drive launch?
    That would seem more in line with having one 70 inch long back locker?

I measured my 2001 Launch SSV back lockers and got just above 20 (21-22) x 19 x 46 long.
    I got the 750 lbs fly highs in back and they are 20 x 20 x ?. Anyhow the locker is 20 or more in one dimension meaning the sac can fill to the limits in that direction.

To the OP I would assume adding the fat sacs in the locker and under the playpen is a good start for getting a wakeboarding wake out of the boat.
    Play around with that weight and add a sac on the surf-side of the Direct Drive. Probably something like the Ronix 1100 lb?

A surf-gate seems like a good idea.

Mike

Yeah my dd comp has a locker that big in the back. I run a 375 back in that locker, a 225 in the nose, and about 100 lbs of rock bags in the very nose of the boat. For wake surfing we add one 500 lb bag on the side we are surfing on and everyone sits on that side of the boat. If we have a boat full of 8 people, 4 or so sit along the rub rail, and the rest can almost sit wherever.

Adding more weight in the nose than the rear will make the surf wave small. With a dd, there's already almost enough weight up front

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk