Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First boat 86 saltare, starting a full resto on it

Hey first boat for my family and it's been a blast. We bought it at the end of July 2015 and put about 40 hours on it. Both my kids learned how to wakeboard and surf behind it in the last 6 weeks. Couldn't be more happy about our boat purchase.

I knew when I bought it being a 30 year old boat it was going to need stringers and floor repair. So that's what I'm starting this fall and hoping to be done by spring in time for more fun on the water. I'll post lots of pics, it's getting a lot of big changes. New vinyl colors, paint color, different tower and a bunch of little things to make the boat better for us. Here are some pics of it now

Welcome, and very nice boat.
    What tower, vinyl and paint color do you plan to put on ?
    Do you ballast it for surfing ?
    Good luck for the work !
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Hi thanks.
    I'm switching to the Roswell aviator tower. My tower moves way to much, I never mounted it so I don't know what they used under the pads.
    I'm going with lime green/white vinyl and lime green/black exterior. I know it's not for everybody but we don't plan on selling the boat anytime soon.
    I have small kids so we only run about 600lbs of ballast on the rear surf side. Seems to work well for them. I have 2 350lbs bags.

Great looking saltare! That's the same tower as me - Aerial Airborne.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Great looking saltare! That's the same tower as me - Aerial Airborne.
    Hey thanks , yeah I was just looking at some of your posts. I like the yellow. My tower doesn't seem solid at all and it's cracking the gel coat pretty bad. But it could be do to the install of it.

You bought the boat that Aerial has on their website that convinced me that I like the lines of that tower on the saltare. Scroll down towards the bottom:
    http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/...upra/supra.asp

Mine moves a little more than I expected when towing, but I don't see anything objectionable on the water. I installed it this spring and have put maybe 75 hours on the boat since then, and probably 3000 miles on the interstate on the trailer (IMO harder on the boat than the water). I probably went overboard with my backing plates and installation though.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Oh yeah that is the boat I bought. The lines of the tower really look good on the saltare, it matches the windows.

Welcome to the Saltare rebuild support group. Bar opens at...ok, it never closes.

Looking forward to watching...

This looks like a very good boat. Enjoy your time!
    It's not so hard to raise and train a dog as long as you know what exactly to do... A good community to read some good dog training tips where you can learn a lot.

I'm lucky that a lot of you have done this job already, lots of good build threads that I have been able to read.