Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Next was the fiberglass work which was spread out over a few days.

IMG_2722.jpg
    Here is the last picture I snapped before I finished the stringers, got excited and started flooring.

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg
    Which lead to this...

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Then came carpet.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

100_1942.jpg

Everything happened fast after this and I didn't slow down to take any pictures but...
    IMG_2744.jpg
    Everything torn down...

IMG_2745.jpg
    Because it was time to move it closer to my house so I could work on it more frequently.
    Last edited by Jetlink; 09-08-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Here it is back in the garage at the lake.

123 277.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg
    My new PSS dripless shaft seal waiting to be plumbed in. I also added a second bilge blower to the boat which is more difficult than I thought due to less real estate in the boat.

Doing some float and leak checks.

IMG_3243.jpg
    I was blown away by the fact that my platform was in the water before to now resting above the waterline.

Even though I have three open items to finish to call this job complete, all this work paid off when we were able to go out as a family in our boat for the first time this morning.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg
    Don't chastise me over the driver seat, I had that laying around and it fit and was solid enough that I felt comfortable enough driving the boat without it bolted down. I am going to be getting a more appropriate seat for the Comp and then getting it upholstered to match the rest of the interior. That is one of the three open items remaining and the other two will be kept under wraps until next spring...

Stay tuned!

Jetlink, what was the weight before and after?

I still say that boat has the most beautiful wood work nobody will ever see since its all under the floor!
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWake View Post
    Jetlink, what was the weight before and after?
    The weight before the overhaul with trailer, the whole thing tipped the scales close to 4,000 pounds right before the tear down. I haven't taken it back across the scale yet but rough estimates based off of material weight removed plus new material weight going in I would think I shed at least 1,200 pounds out of the boat between all the water logged foam, saturated floor and stringers and such. It is scary when you think about how much extra weight I was hauling around both on the water and on the road. I have pulled my boat behind three different tow vehicles, a Lexus RX350, GX470 and my Denali. You would sometimes "notice" the boat when stopping with the Denali but not much, you would also notice it more frequently with the GX and the RX left no doubt that it was back there. Now, only the RX will let you know that you are towing something and it is only when you stop, none of the other two even lead you to believe that you are towing something back there.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    I still say that boat has the most beautiful wood work nobody will ever see since its all under the floor!
    Ha! Isn't that the truth?

so how long total on the rebuild ?
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    so how long total on the rebuild ?
    Total time, late October '14 until well, not really 100% done yet. But in all, only about 3 weeks of 10-12 hour days working on it I would say. There was about a two to three week period where I just had to let everything breathe and dry out after I got everything out of there. Even after all the foam and old wood was out the boat was still damp for at least a week. Also found some pretty awesome black mold down in the bow as well and had to take care of that. I would take a week and work on it about 2-3 days, then come back another week and so on. November was the big tear down month where I took all the floor and foam out in one day, left it to dry out and then came back and removed all the rotted wood another day, let it dry out again. I didn't do any work on it in December and early January. Worked on it a week in January to get the boat back together and haul it to the garage at the lake in the middle of a snow storm. Then didn't touch it again until early May I want to say because my son was born in March.