Default Chasing the wake

I'm fairly new to the forums (I joined in 2013 when I got my boat, but haven't been active). I wanted to share some results from surfing over this past weekend. I've been chasing a great wake for wakeboarding, but haven't really spent any time trying to dial it in for surf. Long story short, I was shocked at how far back I was able to get from the boat without it leaning to one side aggressively. We only had 3 in the boat, and 1 person surfing, but I've heard and seen people leaning the boat with 1800lbs+ of ballast. I have 2 250lbs on each side of the engine, and 2 350's. 1 in the bow, 1 on the floor in the back. My buddy wanted to see how to finish surfing by stepping on the swim deck, and stepping into the boat. So I went to show him, and was impressed how far back I was able to go and still recover with a little effort. Anyway, here's a quick video that I thought I'd share. I know it's not a world class wake, but I liked how drivable the boat was with that kind of surfability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QudGS133hN4

It's all in the paddling...LOL!

haha. It was fun. No one thought I was going to make it back.

I'm chasing the wake right now in my 2002 Supra Launch.
    I've got 500 in the bow and 500 in the back compartment and can't seem to get it good enough.
    Looking at building a wake gate to see if that helps.
    Any thoughts on how I can improve my setup? What speed are you going? Are you going straight or slowly turning?
    Took this video yesterday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO3ylNRIn-E

Here's what information I have:

-11 MPH (2100rpm) =/- (since I was using factory gauges)
    -No surf gate or wake in the wet storage
    -Going straight, no turning
    -Wake plate was 80% up
    -350lbs in the bow and on the rear floor
    -250lbs each side of the engine

12mph was too much. 10mph was too little. It's going to vary boat to boat.

Moving the wake plate was the thing that made the biggest difference for me. The last 2 seasons, I've been running the plate down, was getting ready to sell the boat and buy a Nautique (since I love the old Nautique wakes), but tried the plate as a last ditched effort to shape the wake. Rekindled my love for the Supra.

From what I've seen, the gates don't improve the size, but help with the surfable pocket.

From your video, I would put more weight towards the front of your board (your surf stance), and come closer to the boat till you dial in that wake. Play with the ballast configuration. Play with the wake plate settings. Play with the speed. More weight in front supposedly makes a longer pocket to surf...

Thanks for the info. I'm going to get some more weight and try a couple things out.
    I will keep everyone posted on how I make out.

Please do! Where are you located plav?

Located in Vancouver, BC, Canada area. Going to purchase 750LB ballast today to put on my surf side.
    Hope to have a wake gate build on Sunday and test out next week.
    Will post videos of the results.