Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well Mark, a service manual would be a great help. lol. Not really anyone around these parts that I trust more than myself to work on it. I could take it to Donny. But I am not sure he does these kind of repairs. I will continue working on it for now. Actually was a mechanic for a while. Even ASE certified. Of course that was a while ago. And none of the cars were V-drives.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows what the hose from the exhaust manifold that runs to something on the prop shaft? Is that part of the prop shaft packing?
    Guessing it's to a dripless seal?

Well Mark, a service manual would be a great help. lol. Not really anyone around these parts that I trust more than myself to work on it. I could take it to Donny. But I am not sure he does these kind of repairs. I will continue working on it for now. Actually was a mechanic for a while. Even ASE certified. Of course that was a while ago. And none of the cars were V-drives.
    ASE cert. Nice.

Did you get a transmission number/model from the name plate?

My 2007 came with a small operating manual for the ZF model transmission. Nothing like a shop manual.
    Back in the I/O days when I worked on my previous boats, I had the Alpha and Bravo shop manuals b/c those drives were so popular.
    It made it easier to know how to take something off/order to put it back on. Plus, all the part numbers.

Donnie may not work on them, but he would know people that do or where to get order parts.

Just curious if anyone knows what the hose from the exhaust manifold that runs to something on the prop shaft? Is that part of the prop shaft packing?
    That cools the dripless seal bearing/mating surface.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Post some pictures and we may be able to help identify the v-drive and trans. My boat has a Walter RV-26 v drive and ZF-45 IV Transmission. There aren't great service manuals available for these parts, but it's better than nothing.

Will get some pics on tonight I hope. Seems mother nature forgot about October and went straight to late November. But looks like she is reverting back to October later today. Going to try and pull the V-Drive this afternoon and maybe the trans tomorrow. Then get the Bell housing off next. Need to figure out what parts I need. Hopefully Skidim Carries what I need. If not maybe I can call the Dealer by Mark and have him ship it.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

How is the progress going Gogger?

Well life has slowed me down a bit working on it. And since I am not real sure what I am do I haven't pushed myself to work on it. Started back tonight on removing the v drive. Not the easiest nuts to get off. Nuts on studs coming out of the tranny. Still one I can't get off. Can't get sockets on them and I need a 13mm 6 point wrench. So I ordered one off ebay. Hopefully with that I can just get that last nut off and then pull the tranny. Doesn't look like many bolts holding the trans to the bell housing. So that shouldn't be too bad except for the mounts. Do I need to support the rear of the engine when I pull the transmission loose. Doesn the v drive just pull off or is it some how bolted to the trans. I am posting a few pics. See that inspection plate? Do I have to loosen those bolts to pull it off? DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Of course you can see how the "brackish" water affected the metal parts. Going to clean and paint and replace all hose clamps before she goes back together. Goal is to have it back together before winter. May not get to lake test it, but I will have the biggest part done before spring.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec