Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear seat??

Default Rear seat??

Hey guy,s ,,,Supra newbie,,,,rebuilding a 89 Comp,,,,,where would a man find a rear seat for a comp???

Where are you I have 2 comps you can pattern with.

Thanks for the reply Michel but i,m in Brockville ,,Ont ,,,Canada,,,,,on the St Lawrence River..... After reading a lot more posts i think i might take a stab at framing a new seat. I found a lot more pics of what they are suppose to look like

Mr. Hunter or anyone else might be able to make a cardboard template of their seat for you and then mail them to you. That would at least give you a starting point.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Mr. Hunter or anyone else might be able to make a cardboard template of their seat for you and then mail them to you. That would at least give you a starting point.
    The suggestion to try to get a cardboard template is a wise one which I recommend you jump at.
    The framing is a lot more particular than it first appears and there are clearance issues for hull access etc on the seat base.
    Try as you might and as good as you may be, if you can follow a template keeping to OEM design you preserve the appearance, functionality and future vakue of your boat.

I would like to get a templet if someone wouldn't mind hooking me up.

I would not like to put anybody out , but a few well placed pictures of the original framing would be a great start!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    I would not like to put anybody out , but a few well placed pictures of the original framing would be a great start!!
    Would be pleased to help but my boat is stored away for winter high and dry in a warehouse and not readily accessable.
    Hoping another forum member can create a template and or take a few key photos.
    Anyone?

Hewitt, I have been through the same process but still had the old rotten one which I could copy. It has been awhile ago but found a drawing and some pictures. Maybe they are helpful for you.

Because this is my first post I have find out how to upload photo's with tapatalk...... If possible.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    1987 Supra Comp Ts6m
    Netherlands

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    1987 Supra Comp Ts6m
    Netherlands