Default My 1987 Supra Sunsport Skier Modifications

I will post the last 3 pics of major mods done to my Supra. Tower, Tunes, Stargazer, 3 point auto ballast 550+550+700, and partial conversion to fuel injection. You can read entire post on Wakeworld

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805620

Dedicated to memory of greatest Supra fan of all time. Till we see you again, NEJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Walker
    President, www.spotlessboat.com
    President Emeritus, www.usawakeboard.com

Are you planning to do a full conversion to fuel injection?

Yes, I have a Holley Avenger 550-400 system. https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-400. This system is much like the pro boss 5.8 that PCM used to have except with a new plug an play CPU.

I already have the O2 sensor bung installed with a spark plug plugging up the hole now and have been running a 160 F thermostat required to get closed loop. This system is a plug and play but allow us to save different maps which we will do under different loads including extreme. This is important because I'm not convinced sensor will sustain many start/starts due to water vapor, but we will see. Regardless, that's ok because we all ran efi with no O2 sensors from 1990's to 2007 using pre programed maps
    Chris Walker

Interesting your taking the EFI plunge. Curious to see how you have installed O2 sensor. I installed multi-port fast EFI on my comp two years ago. The only issue I have at this point is a slight hunting problem during cold no-load idol. I'm sure the problem comes from a lack of heat at the O2 sensor. When the engine is up to temperature everything runs perfect. Starts with a touch of the key every time, better fuel economy, gain 3 to 400 RPMs on the tack and a couple miles an hour.. Not really a cost-effective add-on but it was something I really wanted to do. I'd be curious to see pictures.pictures 3-23-15 190.JPGSince this picture was taken I've change my 02 placement.

I am interested in efi, but after researching for months I came to the conclusion that multiport injection would be the only way to go. I looked into a tbi setup, but i just couldnt convince myself that for 2k it would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    Interesting your taking the EFI plunge. Curious to see how you have installed O2 sensor. I installed multi-port fast EFI on my comp two years ago. The only issue I have at this point is a slight hunting problem during cold no-load idol. I'm sure the problem comes from a lack of heat at the O2 sensor. When the engine is up to temperature everything runs perfect. Starts with a touch of the key every time, better fuel economy, gain 3 to 400 RPMs on the tack and a couple miles an hour.. Not really a cost-effective add-on but it was something I really wanted to do. I'd be curious to see pictures.pictures 3-23-15 190.JPGSince this picture was taken I've change my 02 placement.
    I dropped water out of block tonight an took this pic of 02 sensor location. Again there is a spark plug threaded in for now. We plan on using stainless hard line for supply and return but I'm still unsure about flex connector. I'm very concerned about ethanol and I can't get non-ethanol fuel in my city. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Walker

Instead of changing all of my few lines to steal I opted to replace all of the old lines with new rubber fuel lines you can get at NAPA. When I removed the factory fuel lines I saw very little indication of deterioration from the ethanol fuel. Wags engineering makes a spacer block that fits between the lower and upper exhaust manifold that is designed just for an oxygen sensor. I am wondering if the placement of the oxygen sensor that is shown in your picture is going to interfere with your dog house closing properly.pictures 3-23-15 232.JPG