Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default please ease my mind

have a 86 sunsport 351 i believe i have done everything correct but am paranoid that i will show up in the spring with a cracked block or something lol
    pulled 5 plugs=2 each side of block, 2 from exhaust manifolds, and one blow pump... i also drained the tranny cooler and pulled all the hoses off. last i turned over the boat to have to pump toss out any more water in there ( is that enough?) am i forgeting anything ....
    On another note anyone know any local guys from michigan that do stringer replacement for cheap?
    thanks

You got all the plugs, two on the manifolds, two on the block and one down on the "J" tube leading up to the raw water pump. You also pulled the trans cooler lines and made sure all the water is out there. The only thing I would add is that I gently blow air down all the hoses, then add some RV anti-freeze down the exhaust manifolds and close up the top of the engine cooling lines but leave all the lines from the bottom of the raw water pump to the raw water intake off.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thanks i know there is a million threads but couple say 6 plus and two on each side of block etc

You're all set. I remember that feeling. I had nightmares all time till I fired it up in the spring. You're all good.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

There's two plugs on each side of the 351 block?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    There's two plugs on each side of the 351 block?
    One on each side.
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

Coat the threads on the manifolds with grease to deter corrosion of the exposed threads.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I did the whole stringer repair and rebuild to my boat last winter, click the link in my signature to check it out. Id be willing to work on your boat but FYI...cheap and stringer repair do not go hand in hand. How bad is your floor/stringers?

As far as winterizing the boat, I just gravity feed a bucket of anti freeze through the engine through the fresh water pickup. 5 gallons does the whole boat no problem. I fire the boat up and it sucks down 5 gallons in about 30 seconds, spews it out the exhaust. Hit it with fogging oil at the same time. The whole system is then complete and filled with antifreeze anywhere that water would also be. Easiest way to do it, hands down.

I did the whole stringer repair and rebuild to my boat last winter, click the link in my signature to check it out. Id be willing to work on your boat but FYI...cheap and stringer repair do not go hand in hand. How bad is your floor/stringers?

As far as winterizing the boat, I just gravity feed a bucket of anti freeze through the engine through the fresh water pickup. 5 gallons does the whole boat no problem. I fire the boat up and it sucks down 5 gallons in about 30 seconds, spews it out the exhaust. Hit it with fogging oil at the same time. The whole system is then complete and filled with antifreeze anywhere that water would also be. Easiest way to do it, hands down.

good ideas heard there not fun when stripped