Default Supra Comp TS6M vs. Supra Legacy slalom wake

Somewhere I read that the open bow wake is not as good as the closed bow. Can anyone confirm this?

Wondering how a Comp TS6M wake would compare to a Legacy wake before the Legacy changed to the Sunsport hull. I'm looking to get more serious with my slalom skiing and want a better wake then what my 2001 Sunsport can provide. I'd imagine the Legacy would be less friendly to waves/chop since the water would come in the boat instead of just splashing on the closed bow. Any other insights? Very curious how they compare.

Thanks!

I view the Sunsport as an alround boat for family enjoyment.
    That said the ts6m comp is dedicated to slalom skiing although it can be used for other water sports.
    No comparison in wake between the above two mentioned boats.
    I have owned a Ts6m comp and now a conbrio which is the open bow version of the comp.
    Hard pressed to tell the difference in wake at slalom ski speeds.
    The legacy wake is great for skiing as well, perhaps slightly larger than the comp but many would have a hard time discerning the difference.
    As for open bow vs closed bow ------- I have a factory installed tonneau cover over my open bow. When on, it appears to be a closed bow and sheds any water that may splash over the bow just as if it were a closed bow. When anchored or slow touring the open bow is a treat but you must mind any oncoming waves . Its not the first wave you hit but rather the second wave . Water may come over the open bow.
    A quick bump of the throttle negates this issue in that you raise your bow over the offending wave. This kind of event usually occurs in calm waters when a wake from another boat crosses your path. In rough waters my bow cover remains on at all times.
    I consider it the best of both worlds!

I do love my Sunsport, it has the hard ballast tank under the rear seat and the playpen bow, so I can stuff some ballast under there. I would say the ski wake is quite good (not great like the comp) if you run 28 off or more, and the wakeboard wake is very good (esp. for a DD). Definitely took a wave over the front from a passing surf barge in the Sunsport, when weighted for wakeboarding, the front is really low. Attached a picture of my Sunsport the day I brought it home.

I went skiing behind a friends 1994 Comp and the wake was awesome, which is what started my search for one. Then I saw the Legacy and figured if the wake was identical to the Comp there is no reason not to get the open bow. Just have to make sure it is the 20' version, not the 22'
    Attached Images Attached Images

Found some interesting things in Water Ski Magazine from 2001. I wonder why the Legacy's wake was so much worse than the Comp if the only hull changes were above the water line.

Comp scores.JPGlegacy.JPGLegacy scores.JPG

It said that features below the waterline are the same as the Comp but it also makes mention that it is 5 inches longer than the Comp. Not sure if I read that correctly or not though.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski