Thread: Launch SSV Wake

Default Launch SSV Wake

I looking at a Launch SSV and I wanted to get some opinions on the wake. Is it better than or equal to the Super Air and X-Star? Is it round like the Super Air or is it peaky? Any information would be great

I've been riding behind the SSV gravity games edition. To me, the wake is just perfect. I have ridden behind the Super Air TE and it feels like you are hitting a bubble behind it. The SSV's wake is so transitional with a nice peak on the wake to give you that extra boot. In my opinion its the best wake out there.

Default Reply to SSV wake question

I'm not much of a rider myself (my son is the real rider in the family) but had the good fortune to pull a pro this last weekend and a very experienced young man that has been behind just about everything out there -- they prefer the SSV wake to all of them.
    sr

Default SSV

I tested many boats and opted for the SSV. I have had many riders behind the boat as well as pros. We all agree that there is not a better wake on any lake, PERIOD.
    2002 SSV Owner

With the use of the wakeplate, you can adjust the wake to be rounder or peakier. That is a huge benefit to making wake peaks that are custom to you. There is a gauge for the wakeplate for you to know exactly where to adjust it to after you find a setting you like.

Cheers,
    Bryon
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games

Default Replying to Topic 'Launch SSV Wake'

Just had the same experiance as the others - except this guy had never ridden behind one before. He was extactic - said he finally found the best wake. Best qualities of all the boats combined. He couldn't wait until it was his turn again.
    ~S~

Default Replying to Topic 'Launch SSV Wake'

I just bought a 04 gravity games boat and i put an additional 2 bags of cement in the back on each side under the bags. I also put 2 bags in the bow. With the wake plate the wake is unreal..... I had a malibu before this boat and this blows the malibu out of the water. Watch out for the roll over when i pass by. The wake is HUGE.....Like a launch ramp. Later bros