Default stringer question?

How do you figure out two main stringer shapes? im sure my old ones are mush. is there a dimension sheet somewhere on supra site or something

While the wood is most likely mulch now, the fiberglass that encased the mulch should be able to be used as a template of sorts. But, you were funny about there being a dimension sheet somewhere from Supra.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

so you just kinda eyeball it and make sure everything is equal and level

That's pretty much what it boils down to. Precision was not a hallmark of the factory back then. Equal and level might have been achieved on a Wednesday built boat but it seems like it was always Friday in the 80's or early 90's boats.

Take lots of measurements from reference points that won't move once everything is removed. The old stringer skins are useful. Leaving a lip of the old flooring's fiberglass around the perimeter of the hull is also a good idea for verifying the height of your new stringers once they're bedded.

What Salty said above is spot on and almost exactly what I did with my rebuild.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

judging by the fiberglass job they did on my '86, mine was done the Friday before Christmas Break.

It is better to miss low then high on the new floor. Trimming the gaps is a lot easier then cutting the bottom of the cap to make it fit.
    86 Saltare

I agree with jetink. But, do not cut the stringers out.. just cut the the glass off the top of each stringer and fill with composite material. Rewrap top with glass.

Shoot for same floor height and use the originals as a rough guide. Probably be a lot of test fit and trim from my understanding. From reading all the stringer threads on here it seems anyone who puts a bit of thought into the process and design can do a much better job than the guys at the factory did with their finishing hatchets.

I was told to use cardboard to create the template. That said, I ended up paying someone to do the stringers in my old boat (87 Invader 16ft), it cost a few hundred for both. It wasn't a great job though, the stringers were about 3 inches lower than the old ones and weren't fully wrapped in fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk