Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Saltare Revamp

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Ok thank you I was looking at that exact end cap but wasn't sure it would fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ill try and get you a pic today.

Ok that would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So its been awhile...

At the end of last season I ended up cracking two pistons and sent the chunks into the heads and out the valves. Over the winter I had the motor rebuilt. Its now bored .060 over making it roughly a 468. Forged bottom end, heads have been gone through, everything with wear or any seals/plugs has been replaced or upgraded. Low rise intake manifold and a 750 carb. Also, recently picked up an ACME 541 prop. I went from 36 mph @ 4900rpm to 47mph @ 4900rpm with 3 people and 41mph @ 4900rpm with 9 people. Im very happy with the boat's performance.

Also went to a ACME 541 this season, changed the whole performances : better take off, better acceleration etc.

Still one of my favorite rebuild ! Love the vinyl color.
    Did you wrap the dash yet ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I love the new prop, better everything on mine aswell!

Thanks Sdc. I haven't gotten to the dash yet because Im trying to decide whether I want to do it during the season or after the boat is winterized. I did order my new steering wheel though. I want to change everything to bus bars and labeled back-lit rocker switches, and maybe new gauges?

Middlegriff1,

I love your interior, I'm quite a ways out on my rebuild but yours is definitely a tasteful and clean job. How has the yeti seat held up. I'm thinking toward a more permanent seat in the same location and was just curious what your thoughts were on how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Middlegriff1,

I love your interior, I'm quite a ways out on my rebuild but yours is definitely a tasteful and clean job. How has the yeti seat held up. I'm thinking toward a more permanent seat in the same location and was just curious what your thoughts were on how it works out.
    The seat is working out great so far. Seems to get used just as much as any other seat. Permanent wouldn't be a bad idea. If mine were permanent I would make it so I could store things under and still make it semi-removable just in case any motor work had to be done.

Got some time to rebuild the lower dash panel and install the new wheel and remote. Now I really need to rebuild the upper dash with some new rockers and gauges....

old wheel.jpg

puller.jpg

new wrapped piece.jpg

wheel close 2.jpg

wheel far.jpg