Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Saltare Revamp

Sure... if you want too, but what's wrong with it? With that view it's looking great.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

There are some imperfections that dont show well in pics. Im not tearing it off just yet. But i do plan to redo it when i feel my skills have improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sdc- thanks, Im hoping it comes out as planned!
    Premierprop- I think its worth doing yourself if you have time, space, and the tools necessary. I enjoy building rather than buying so I try to do as much of the work as possible. I think as far as materials go Im around 1000 give or take a hundred. Ive heard of interiors costing 2500 and up.
    4nryde- the cushion looks good man, I bought all my piping premade by the yard. Saves a lot of time! I have to remake my cooler lid, Its my one piece that im not happy with.

I haven't done much lately, I went on vacation last week. Since then, I built another seat bottom. Only one seat bottom left and onto all the seat backs. I got a really sweet deal on a new Roswell Classic 51 tower so I spent most of the day freezing outside installing that, almost done!

Middlegriff, any updates? I have sewn a couple more cushions. But also havent had much time lately.

Been busy with work so not much to update but here's some tower peeks. I still have to mount the front. With winter storm Jonas rolling in, its covered up until I can get back out to my buddies house to finish the tower.

That's a nice looking tower on the Saltare.
    Do you plan some speakers on it ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by 4nryde View Post
    Middlegriff, any updates? I have sewn a couple more cushions. But also havent had much time lately.

What thickness of new foam are you using on cushions where you are replacing the foam?
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    That's a nice looking tower on the Saltare.
    Do you plan some speakers on it ?
    Thanks. I'll most likely order a bimini first and then speakers

Quote Originally Posted by mabbore View Post
    What thickness of new foam are you using on cushions where you are replacing the foam?
    Most of my foam is in really good shape, steaming it seems to fluff it a little bit. When needed i have been adding a layer of 3/4 high density foam.

Where did you get the captains seat from? I am looking for exactly that seat with the flip up bolster