Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Saltare Revamp

Thanks cadunkle! The wood is raw pressure treated. Glued and screwed. I briefly looked around at HDPE but the price of it drove me away.
    Some more progress pics. I decided to keep the larger piping for anything that touches the fiberglass and ill use a smaller piping for the seats. I ran new wiring for the speakers and cup holder LEDs. Waiting on the LEDs to come in so i can finish up the cup holders and install.

Im currently searching for a good deal on a button press and so I can make some matching dura snap buttons for mounting all the panels

Have you done vinyl work before, yours looks as good as what I paid someone to do mine?
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

Quote Originally Posted by leetudor View Post
    Have you done vinyl work before, yours looks as good as what I paid someone to do mine?
    None at all, sat at my wife's sewing machine for about 6 hours while she was at work practicing lines and curves, changing out needles, and messed up three cupholders before I finally figured it out.

What type of machine does your wife have? I was under the impression that most home machines would have trouble with multiple layers of vinyl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is some stuff another guy used. His was an $129 Singer machine.

https://sites.google.com/site/moomba...stuff-i-bought
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

Quote Originally Posted by 4nryde View Post
    What type of machine does your wife have? I was under the impression that most home machines would have trouble with multiple layers of vinyl?
    Its a Singer 7422. Im using heavy duty polyester thread an 18 ga needle. From what ive read, you want a machine that has metal gears because the plastic ones eventually burn up. Also, Im limiting my sewing to only 3 layers on vinyl, I don't know if it can handle more or not but im not going to push it. The other big thing is having a walking foot, mine doesn't have it but im sure it would come in handy when having more layers.

Quote Originally Posted by leetudor View Post
    This is some stuff another guy used. His was an $129 Singer machine.

https://sites.google.com/site/moomba...stuff-i-bought
    Thanks for the link! Ive been looking around trying to find as much info as I could.

Looking good! Seems like you have a natural talent for the vinyl work.

I am going to be attempting some vinyl work soon. I picked up the machine in the moomba link above on an amazon lightning sale. Ive seen singer walking feet on amazon that are compatible with my machine, there might be something available for yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Okie!

4nryde, they do make one for my machine, just haven't ordered it. Also, check out some YouTube videos on sewing if you haven't tried it before, very helpful.