Default 92 and up Comp Rudder port

I am wanting to replace the seals for my rudder port, after I pull the rudder will I have to remove the plate on the bottom of the boat to get to the seals or can I access them from inside the boat?
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

I believe that would have packing like a driveshaft, which could be replaced from above assuming you can reach it well enough. I'm assuming the fuel tank will be out of the way? I replaced my rudder a few years ago, and can't recall what the old port looked like, but I'm sure those who have torn their whole boat apart can shed some light on it.

I took the port out of my 95 Sunsport the first winter I had it and there was one or two o rings in it that sealed to the rudder shaft. They would have been accessible from the top side with a o ring hook to pull them out of their grooves. If you have the same port it should be a easy fix. I just took the o ring to the local auto parts store and matched it up.
    1995 Supra Sunsport 454

Oh good I was hoping it was simple, I know they sell a kit at skidim. The gas tank will still be in place but there is enough room to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

My '94 Comp didn't have any o-rings in it, it used packing rope like the prop shaft. To remove the rudder you need to loosen the nut on the tiller arm bolt and use a hammer to knock the bolt in a little bit. You'll know it's been hit enough because the rudder will basically fall out. When reinstalling, just put the rudder back in location and tighten up that tiller arm nut. The shaft on the bolt is tapered so when you tighten the nut it locks the rudder in.

Somewhere on the site I read that you had to rotate the tiller arm bolt and I tried everything I could to do that but that is not the way it worked on my '94.