Default Inland Surfer Red Rocket vs Blue Lake

I am 5'10" and 225lbs. New to surfing. Looking to buy my first board. Most research I've looked at is a few years old. I would welcome opinions on boards. As we are just getting started, this board will probably be a shared board with other riders who are somewhat smaller than me.

Red Rocket or Blue Lake?

Other recommendations are welcomed.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Board reviews from last years Southern Surfest may help

http://southernsurfest.com/2015-surfest-boards-reviews/

Both of the boards you listed are great cruisers, but you may get bored with them after you learn to surf.

Do yourself a favor and have a custom board from lakewakes made. Less money for a better board
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Board reviews from last years Southern Surfest may help

http://southernsurfest.com/2015-surfest-boards-reviews/

Both of the boards you listed are great cruisers, but you may get bored with them after you learn to surf.
    ^ +1

Once you start, you will want multiple boards for the different sizes and ability of other boaters.

Might want to start with a used one, if you can find one on eBay or CL. New ones are $$$ - great brand Inland Surfer. They are listed every now and them. The Blue Lake will be plenty big for you and others to learn on. I was going to buy that board before I found a new Ronix Koal Fish for a cheap price last summer. The Red Rocket can hold bigger guys than your weight.

Once you learn some skills and if you really get into it, there are custom boards. Made for your riding style and weight. Wake size also factors in.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 01-23-2016 at 02:35 PM.