Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking to replace carpet in 2006 21ft Supra Launch, with Gator Grip

Has anyone removed carpet and replace with a Gator Grip type of product? www.gatorstep.com? Curious to know the process of removing the old carpet from main seating area, not under seats etc, just cutting out from around main seating?
    Last edited by jkjasdj; 01-18-2016 at 09:10 PM.

I personally think that gator grip is hard on bare feet - but the product that Sea Dek uses is awesome. I wouldn't mind having the floor made out of that. I have it on my swim platform and it's very nice.
    No help on the process.

http://www.seadek.com/
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Is gatorgrip flooring still available? The site u linked is all fishing products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh -I think you're right, the gator grip would be great (I have some of that in my boat) - but I don't think you can get it any longer. I was thinking of hydro-turf as the product that is rough on bare feet.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Your right...I have updated link. www.gatorstep.com out of Oregon. Anyone used this product and or removed carpet successfully. ?

I'm with ya... My carpet looks pitiful, no matter what I do to it. Glad you found this stuff...
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Was at the boat show in Portland and talked to the gator step guys about this very thing said it could be done but it would be very labor intensive and expensive because are carpet is glued in to place

I just messaged them on Instagram to see if they would be at the Miami show (they won't ). The labor of removal would be something you would want to do yourself, it's just a matter of cutting out the old carpet and scraping away the old glue before applying the new flooring (at that point you should be able to apply the flooring as well, peel and stick more or less). I have some concerns though, SeaDek and Gator Step don't seem to go edge to edge in most applications, they usually leave a gap. We have unfinished fiberglass under our carpet, plus the aluminum panels over the gas tank. I've been doing a lot of research the last few days because my carpet is pretty disgusting, there's TONS of info over in the Moomba forums. A lot of guys used Hydroturf, and one guy used something like DECKadence (which is what I'm interested in).

I really want to replace everything though. I might do a mix of DECKadence and Hydroturf if I can find colors I like (I'm thinking about going with black and orange accents due to my color scheme). DECKadence on the floor (one big piece that I can roll up and hose off on the drive way) and in the storage compartments. Hydroturf on the sides, kick panels, rear locker/engine panels, and rear seat, pretty much anywhere that the carpet is vertical.
    Last edited by pridekit; 01-19-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Good Update. I emailed with Supra and they confirmed that my 2006 is most likely smooth fiberglass underneath, i.e. not rough course that will cause splinters, but also not as smooth as the finished fiberglass. And yes that leaves the problem of the edges, etc...I live in Seattle WA and GatorStep is in Portland OR and I have been in touch with them. They said if I removed the carpet and brought them the boat, they would install. I am going to ping them again today on the edges situation as that is a problem......Bottom line I have to do something for this summer season besides carpet as it is almost 10 years old and lots of use, and looks nasty compared to rest of boat, even with cleaning seasonally or multiple times a season.....I will update on my progress....

I removed the carpet from my XLV.

A useful tool is a scraper attachment for a reciprocating saw. you have to be careful as it's easy to get your angle off and ding your fiberglass and chip it. But I survived.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.