Thread: Boat Shows 2016

Default Boat Shows 2016

Anyone have any good or bad news on what they liked or disliked during a recent trip to the boat show?

Sounds like there are some big boats to look at - SE550 Roush, Malibu M235. Bigger price tags from the manufactures this year.
    Bigger is not always better. Hear a lot of talk about the Moomba Craz.

Anyone find that ‘boat show package’ they could not bypass and will have a new boat for this season?

M-

Default Se 550

MJH,
    Thought you might get more of a response since nothing else happening on this forum or in the world of boating right now.
    Pics from my visit to the ATL show last Sunday. The Roush SE550 is huge. In my opinion, it is too big for everyday use if trailering which begs the question, why would you ever pay for a trailer that nice? This needs to sit on a lift at the lake house. Even the above average garage could not hold this unit. Now, I like the size but everything else is just blah to me.
    This one had a nice color combo on the outside compared to other Supras present and the flashier Tige or Mastercrafts. This one was sold when I got there on Sunday. I won't feel sorry for the guy after two years when he'll be dying to get out of his monthly payments on this thing.

I know I'm getting older as I tend to wonder over to the Cobalt and Chris Crafts boats quickly. They still seem to have class, flawless gelcoat with timeless designs all the while updating the mechanicals. The Surf boat builders have been drinking too much metallic flake Kool-Aid. All the new surf boats must be designed by 24 year old millennials that are color blind. Flashy green flake on the outside and grey over grey over gray over gray on the inside. Wow, how original!

Only thing I saw that peaked my interest was a Super Air Nautique 21 or 22 footer and then I saw the price tag and ran.

The other thing I took notice of was Regal and Cobalt building surf boats with the new Volvo Penta Forward Drive unit. (see pic below)
    Strange looking, but at least some innovation and trying to compete with other surf boat manufacturers. Probably would never buy, but the boats are much better priced starting in the 45k range and up and I like the style of the hull designs better the Peter Pan split fork barge surf boats.

D-

Good write up. I know the dealer in the Knoxville area has one of those 550 special editions. I love the color scheme. I'm sure the room inside is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400