Default 1985 19' Supra Rider Rear Seat Picture Needed

I'm helping my son and 3 of his high school friends restore 1984 -85 19' Supra Rider that's missing the rear seat back and side arm rests. If anyone has a photo of the frame of the rear seat back I would really appreciate your sharing it with me. We would like to see it with the seat bottom removed or opened to see how it's put together. We don't know the exact shape and how it's attached to the bottom seat frame. Thanks!

IMG_20130330_122955.jpg

I don't have a picture of it with the seat cushion off, and the boat is a 3 hour drive away so I'm afraid this is the best I can do. The PO did a quick hack upholstery job on the seat, a better job on the sun deck and the arms are original. There is a plywood frame under the seat, and the back is integral to that frame, the whole thing comes out as one piece. The arm rests are individual boxes that just sit in place, you'll notice that the port side one is pulled out a bit so you can see how it fits together. Personally, I'm going to redo the whole thing at some point, but I'll likely change the design to suit my usage. If you're building from scratch, I'd suggest designing your own to suit your needs.
    Last edited by chris young; 01-20-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Default Rear Seat

I will show you pics from a 1983 Rider broken down into sections. I have it out of the boat, so if you need a cardboard cutout or measurements, now is the time to tell me. Hope this helps.

D-

Default 1983 Rider

Seat continued...back of seat will have cut out for blower vent on port side.

Default 1983 Rider

Last pics showing seat.

Thank you so much for your help. These pictures are priceless. But I don't understand what supports the seat back. Does it just lean against the deck/fuel tank? Perhaps a rear view photo of the seat bottom/frame assembly without the seat back in the way and also one of the seat bottom assembly turned upside down would make it clearer for us. This is really helpful!
    Clay
    Last edited by ClayCollins; 02-04-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayCollins View Post
    Thank you so much for your help. These pictures are priceless. But I don't understand what supports the seat back. Does it just lean against the deck/fuel tank? Perhaps a rear view photo of the seat bottom/frame assembly without the seat back in the way and also one of the seat bottom assembly turned upside down would make it clearer for us. This is really helpful!
    Clay
    The seat base supports the seat back. It screws into it from behind. No, the seat slides into position as one complete unit concealing the gas tank and blower. The seat base attaches into the floor with screws but I never secure mine. It is rather tight and does not move. I can take more pics this weekend.

Default Supra Rider Rear

I think we have it now or at least maybe close enough. Here's a couple of pictures of what we built. The parts painted white we had from the old seats. The rest was missing so we had to use your photos and instructions to guide us. We used 2x4 blocks and will screw the back seat into them. I didn't see screw holes in your seat back so that's what threw me. I think the arm rests are pretty straight forward. Are they made from 5/8" plywood like the rest of the seat? Thanks again for all the advice!
    IMG_1781.jpgIMG_1780.jpgIMG_1779.jpg
    Last edited by ClayCollins; 02-11-2016 at 09:48 PM.