Thread: Snap in carpet

Default Snap in carpet

I'm looking for input with regard to the type of carpet one would use for a snap in carpet. Specifically, I would like to know the name of marine carpet manufacturer that has been used by other Supra owners for snap-in style carpet. My boat is a 1986 Supra Saltare. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Carpet1.jpgCarpet2.jpgCarpet3.jpg

Here are pictures of the snap-in carpet I decided on for my '86 Supra Saltare. The manufacturer is Shaw out of Atlanta. I chose two different style carpets, a glue down carpet for the walls and seat bases and a carpet with a marine grade backing that supposedly resist mildew. The specific model carpet is called Nona. I ordered the carpet from MarineCarpeting.com and hired a local upholstery shop to cut and install the carpet locally. They were able to find navy blue snap covers (for the buttons) that are an absolute color match. The results are better than I expected.

Wow!!! That looks awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Carpet1.jpgCarpet2.jpgCarpet3.jpg

Here are pictures of the snap-in carpet I decided on for my '86 Supra Saltare. The manufacturer is Shaw out of Atlanta. I chose two different style carpets, a glue down carpet for the walls and seat bases and a carpet with a marine grade backing that supposedly resist mildew. The specific model carpet is called Nona. I ordered the carpet from MarineCarpeting.com and hired a local upholstery shop to cut and install the carpet locally. They were able to find navy blue snap covers (for the buttons) that are an absolute color match. The results are better than I expected.
    That looks really nice. Is your flooring just standard marine plywood? How were you able to cover all the gaps to avoid the wood showing through?
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

Thank you for the compliments. The flooring is marine grade plywood that is covered with fiberglass and then gel coated to match the cream fiberglass on the boat. (The stringers were rebuilt last year.) The flooring get coal color also matches the 'surging' on the edges of the carpet. Snap-in carpet is absolutely the way to go. Each piece is easy to remove for cleaning and most important, drying: the idea being to keep the floor as dry as possible to push out replacing the stringers and floor for as long as possible.