Default West Point Lake, GA

Is anyone familiar with West Point Lake in GA?
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

My family and I boat there quite often since even though farther away from me in miles, the road is much better and there are typically fewer boaters on the lake. On any given week end, north GA lakes are crowded. At West point I can usually find some place where the water is nice enough to board or ski. Are you planning a trip?
    1991 SunSport

We are moving to the area and I am looking at the lakes South of Atlanta to move to or to boat on.
    Big Air tower

Quote Originally Posted by inair View Post
    My family and I boat there quite often since even though farther away from me in miles, the road is much better and there are typically fewer boaters on the lake. On any given week end, north GA lakes are crowded. At West point I can usually find some place where the water is nice enough to board or ski. Are you planning a trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    We are moving to the area and I am looking at the lakes South of Atlanta to move to or to boat on.
    You two guys need to hook up sometime. Ya'll both work at the same place now. ATL - Hartsfield Jackson International.

Ha Ha! We do indeed live on the south side and I do work out of Hartsfield. Have you been down to check things out? Things are...well...Southern here! I don't think I could live at West Point for purely personal reasons but I do like to boat there. On the other hand I had a United 747 Capt on my jumpseat a few months ago who is based in SFO and commutes to ATL then drives home to Lagrange which is the biggest town in GA adjacent to West Point lake. He didn't say whether he lives on the water or not..I turned to ask him but he had already fallen asleep So it will just depend what you like and what is good for your family. I think driving around and boating there is what will tell you if its for you. I am actually thinking hard about a move to Chattanooga where I hope to be able to be much closer to the water. Since I only have to drive to work once a week, it could be doable.
    Right now we live in Peachtree City. It's almost exactly an hour to either West Point or Allatoona.
    1991 SunSport

Looking at West Point area or Jackson Lake, or anything in between. lol Not so much Peachtree City though.
    Big Air tower

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    You two guys need to hook up sometime. Ya'll both work at the same place now. ATL - Hartsfield Jackson International.
    And the same company, just different sides of the operation. One fixes them and the other keeps the first busy.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I didn't realize there was so much aviation on this forum... Lol
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Quote Originally Posted by inair View Post
    Ha Ha! We do indeed live on the south side and I do work out of Hartsfield. Have you been down to check things out? Things are...well...Southern here! I don't think I could live at West Point for purely personal reasons but I do like to boat there. On the other hand I had a United 747 Capt on my jumpseat a few months ago who is based in SFO and commutes to ATL then drives home to Lagrange which is the biggest town in GA adjacent to West Point lake. He didn't say whether he lives on the water or not..I turned to ask him but he had already fallen asleep So it will just depend what you like and what is good for your family. I think driving around and boating there is what will tell you if its for you. I am actually thinking hard about a move to Chattanooga where I hope to be able to be much closer to the water. Since I only have to drive to work once a week, it could be doable.
    Right now we live in Peachtree City. It's almost exactly an hour to either West Point or Allatoona.

Have you looked at blue ridge or blairsville? Only about a 1.5 hour drive to Hartsfield and your writhing 20 minutes of three of the best lakes in Ga. Blue Ridge, Chatuge and Nottley.