Default 1st Detailing - 1st Trip

Purchased my 1st boat used in December. It was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. As soon as I purchased it I took it to my local dealer to have it winterized and shrink wrapped. Temps moderated this week, so I had it summerized and picked it up Thursday. Friday was overcast so it was a great opportunity to give the boat a thorough cleaning inside and out to include a coat of collinite wax. Today we took it out to the lake for about 3 hours. It performed flawlessly. The only thing better than realizing your dream is sharing it with the people who mean the most to you. My family thoroughly enjoyed the boat and we look forward to enjoying this new toy.

Today was a great opportunity for me to familiarize myself with the boat without the pressure of a crowded ramp and lake. Now I have some further studying to do to make sure that I maintain this thing properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Congrats, beautiful boat. I bought mine in August last summer, and the family, friends, and I have had an absolute blast. I've actually been out boarding and surfing the last two weekends with our very moderate weather down in Houston. You guys will love it, and the amount of room on that 242 is fantastic for taking a bunch of people out.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Gorgeous boat my friend... Here's to many happy days of boating with family and friends!
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Don't be afraid to ask questions or post pictures. Lots of knowledge around here.

Very nice boat. Tell us more about it. Motor? Hours? Where you bought it?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Don't be afraid to ask questions or post pictures. Lots of knowledge around here.

Very nice boat. Tell us more about it. Motor? Hours? Where you bought it?

Mark
    Thanks, Mark. I bought the boat from a private owner at Lake Lanier north of Atlanta. Boat has the 5.7L 340 hp motor and it had 212 hours on it when I got it. My local dealer was very impressed with its condition. I'm finding little things that may need attention and somethings that I may just not be sure how they function. Noticed yesterday that the radio control in the rear seating area doesn't seem to be controlling the main head unit. It lights up and displays, but can't change stations or volume. I'm not sure if there is something I need to program or setup properly for it to work.
    Last edited by 4alkings; 03-06-2016 at 07:16 PM.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Good deal. I lived in ATL in the mid90s. Had a lot of good times boating on Lake Allatoona before moving to TN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Gorgeous boat!