Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2013 SA 450 with aftermarket Wakeland Surf System

Hi Everyone - I purchased and had the wakeland surf system installed on my 2013 SA 450 Worlds. I haven't been satisfied with how I've been able to configure the waves yet. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any tips for me.

I have the 750 lbs bags in the rear. I also added 300 pound bags under the passanger seats along the sides of the boat. I have the factory ballast up front (500 lbs I believe). I surf starboard side of the boat. I dial in 3 bars on the right of the controller, and 0 on the left. My speed is set at 10.3. This gets me a decent wave, but honestely not any better than the wave without the surf system on so I gotta believe I'm not doing something right.

Any suggestions on how to dial things in? I'm more interested in a barrel shaped wave than a skim. Any help is very much appreciated. The attached image shows how I currently have things configured.

-Bradyballast config.jpg

So you're a goofy surfer?

You're deploying the surf system tab on the opposite side that you're surfing on, right? It didn't seem clear from what I read above.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Following as I will soon take delivery of almost the same boat, SA 450 with after market wake land surf system. Curious of the results/suggestions

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - For Sale
    2013 Supra SA450 with da FLOW
    2015 RAM 1500 Hemi - tow rig
    http://www.tffor.org

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Following as I will soon take delivery of almost the same boat, SA 450 with after market wake land surf system. Curious of the results/suggestions

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I'm getting the tabs installed my 2007 22' SSV.
    I bet many people have not installed them (yet), so there is limited info out there. I do not see much posted on other sites.
    There is more interest and discussion, so I'm betting more info will be posted when the boats come out of the winter slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So you're a goofy surfer?

You're deploying the surf system tab on the opposite side that you're surfing on, right? It didn't seem clear from what I read above.
    Sounds to me like he's putting goofy side down also instead of opposite side

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    I'm getting the tabs installed my 2007 22' SSV.
    I bet many people have not installed them (yet), so there is limited info out there. I do not see much posted on other sites.
    There is more interest and discussion, so I'm betting more info will be posted when the boats come out of the winter slumber.
    Who is doing your installation? I have tried contacting wakeland multiple times with no success.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Yes - I'm a goofy surfer. I've tried both. I'm wondering if I'm weighting the boat all wrong. What's your thoughts on best approach to weight the boat with this system?

-Brady

I have recently added the Wakeland surf system on my 2013 Supra Launch 242 and I'm having similar issues with improving the wake. If I just weigh down all ballasts and try to use the tabs, I have a very washed out wake. I've tried numerous scenarios for regular side (left) and the only thing that somewhat works so far is: left tab down 2-3 bars on left side with 50% ballast up front, 100% ballast left rear and 30-40% ballast on right seems to deliver a decent surf wake, but I honestly don't see much of an improvement over changing to 0 surf tab down. In fact, I've noticed the tabs seem to make the wake a bit shallower, so I know I'm missing some kinda key step.
    I'm sure there must be some secret setup to get a better wake over zero tabs and open to any advice you guys have.

-WB

Quote Originally Posted by bradycanderson View Post
    Yes - I'm a goofy surfer. I've tried both. I'm wondering if I'm weighting the boat all wrong. What's your thoughts on best approach to weight the boat with this system?

-Brady
    For goofy, try a couple scenarios:

Try everything full, and then put the PORT side surf tab down. You always deploy a surf system on the opposite side that you're surfing on because it's about delaying the convergence of the waves (by affecting the non-surfside wave).

Quote Originally Posted by WB_TX View Post
    I have recently added the Wakeland surf system on my 2013 Supra Launch 242 and I'm having similar issues with improving the wake. If I just weigh down all ballasts and try to use the tabs, I have a very washed out wake. I've tried numerous scenarios for regular side (left) and the only thing that somewhat works so far is: left tab down 2-3 bars on left side with 50% ballast up front, 100% ballast left rear and 30-40% ballast on right seems to deliver a decent surf wake, but I honestly don't see much of an improvement over changing to 0 surf tab down. In fact, I've noticed the tabs seem to make the wake a bit shallower, so I know I'm missing some kinda key step.
    I'm sure there must be some secret setup to get a better wake over zero tabs and open to any advice you guys have.

-WB
    Um, have you tried that weight setup with the STARBOARD surf tab down? If you're a regular surfer, then you surf on the port side with the tab deployed on the starboard side.

You guys are doing that, right?!?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

For regular surf, I've tried deploying tabs on the starboard side and still have a pretty washed out wake. It's still a work in progress, but let me know if you've had success with any other combo's.