Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This continues to be of great interest. As I will soon be testing this same setup. What weight bags do you have and do you also have any liquid lead? What about how many people on the boat? Water depth?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - For Sale
    2013 Supra SA450 with da FLOW
    2015 RAM 1500 Hemi - tow rig
    http://www.tffor.org

I've been working on my setup for some time now and finally have the Wakeland Surf System working very well for me. My setup is filling up the rear ballasts (750lbs each) and the front (800lb) ballast at 80% full. I'm also adding two 400lb fat sacs that sit on the port side (rear seating). I then setup the surf tab to be 3 down on the port side, which seems opposite, but really dials in a nice big surf wake. My boat is a 2013 Launch 242.surf 2016.jpg
    Last edited by WB_TX; 06-08-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Thumbs down Wakeland Surf System Update

Quote Originally Posted by WB_TX View Post
    For regular surf, I've tried deploying tabs on the starboard side and still have a pretty washed out wake. It's still a work in progress, but let me know if you've had success with any other combo's.
    So now that the weather is nice again I've continued to experiment with my wakeland surf system on my SA 450 and have had zero luck. My wave was better before the surf system was installed, and has been money not well spent. I would strongly advise against this system for the SA 450. It may be great for other boats but not this one.

I've tried everything. Weighting the boat evenly and various levels - washout wave
    Weighting boat primarily to one side - OK wave, but still not as good as w/o the system
    Different speeds
    Different weight in front and rear

So far the best thing for me to do is weight everything to one side and leave the surf system off.

Perhaps I need to plates for the swell 2.0 system instead of the smaller plates that came with my wakeland system I purchased last year. I sent a note to wakeland asking if this is a possibility.

If anyone has had luck with this system on a SA please let me know. Would love to hear it! If you have not had luck please post warnings to others about this. All in all between purchasing the system, and having the Supra dealer install I'm in it 3K and worse off. Poop.

Brady - I feel your frustration as well and I know we have different models (2013 Launch 242), but nothing was working for me either. The trick for me was to fill both rear ballasts, plus add 800lbs of extra fat sacs to the surf side. Then I started filling up the front ballast and dialing in the Wakeland as I surfed. The best wake happened when the front ballast was around 85% full and the Wakeland had 3 tabs down on the side I was surfing. I've surfed behind the 2016 Supra's and I think my wave was comparable with this setup.
    Keep in mind you want to get as much weight as possible in the rear, then add even more to the side you surf and lastly start tabbing the Wakeland down on the surf side.
    Let me know if you tried this type of setup already.

I'm working on mine - 2007 Supra SSV 22' with 750s.
    I will be adding more weight. I can toss another ballast bag on the floor or on the seat (do not like that b/c it takes up room).
    May go the hidden lead bag route b/c of the density and room. I know they will be a PITA to lift out when not using or on the trailer.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...land-Surf-Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by Troyp View Post
    Sounds to me like he's putting goofy side down also instead of opposite side
    I put the wrong side down when I first used it. I felt like a dumb azz.

Default Don't waste your money

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    This continues to be of great interest. As I will soon be testing this same setup. What weight bags do you have and do you also have any liquid lead? What about how many people on the boat? Water depth?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Way over priced and I saw a worse wave after I got it installed. 2103 Supra 22v