Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Looks good Iceman!!

I notice you used the 3" screws. I ended up not using those and just used the 2 inchers, but I also countersunk the hole in my HDPE board to allow me to do that.

The guys on the MC forums using this plastic handle on demand have noticed cracking around the bolts attaching the shelving brackets. For this reason, I ordered the all aluminum handle as others have done, and will have version 2.0 here soon.

I see you don't have a hole cut for the lever on the forward suction cup. Did you just cut the big part of the handle off?
    Just cut some of handle off. Yes I lost mine in lake and will be upgrading to version 2 soon. Well worth it!!! Need a better suction cup and all aluminum will be the way I go too.

Just FYI, I just got the aluminum version in the mail, and it's MUCH stronger feeling. It's definitely worth the extra cost.

Did you not have a leash on your SUCKgate tethered to the boat?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Just FYI, I just got the aluminum version in the mail, and it's MUCH stronger feeling. It's definitely worth the extra cost.

Did you not have a leash on your SUCKgate tethered to the boat?
    I did have it tethered. Somehow spun itself out of it. I'm also ordered the $18 aluminum one for version 2. Thinking about drilling holes in this one to alleviate some stress on suction from slipping. Might make like 4 versions and test them all out. Could easily build 4 for less than a Hundo

This is the location I keep mine at. With all my ballasts full it's just out of the water by an inch, once I start moving it's under.
    You can see the leash I use also, it's never come off. My blade dimensions are 8x12
    I just ordered 1/2 hdpe. V2 will have the blade at the back instead of the front.
    20160519_100618.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by plav77 View Post
    This is the location I keep mine at. With all my ballasts full it's just out of the water by an inch, once I start moving it's under.
    You can see the leash I use also, it's never come off. My blade dimensions are 8x12
    I just ordered 1/2 hdpe. V2 will have the blade at the back instead of the front.
    20160519_100618.jpg
    Nice leash setup. What is it? Why blade in back bs front? How many degrees is blade?

Ice... I bet I know what happened with yours...

From other pictures, your leash on the bungee looked to go through only the arch on the shelf bracket. I'll bet when the SUCKgate came loose, it just ripped the weld of the arch off and came undone that way because of all the water pressure/resistance when that bungee hit its max extension. I put my leash around the handle and the lower shelf supports that were bolted to the HOD. You can kind of see that in my picture sitting on the back of my boat.

This is all assuming you didn't lose the bungee tie. If your bungee cord came off the boat entirely, then I'm totally off base here haha.

-Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Ice... I bet I know what happened with yours...

From other pictures, your leash on the bungee looked to go through only the arch on the shelf bracket. I'll bet when the SUCKgate came loose, it just ripped the weld of the arch off and came undone that way because of all the water pressure/resistance when that bungee hit its max extension. I put my leash around the handle and the lower shelf supports that were bolted to the HOD. You can kind of see that in my picture sitting on the back of my boat.

This is all assuming you didn't lose the bungee tie. If your bungee cord came off the boat entirely, then I'm totally off base here haha.

Nope you're right that is exactly what happened.

V2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANFiZ View Post
    Nice leash setup. What is it? Why blade in back bs front? How many degrees is blade?
    Bunch cord that I found at Home Depot!
    https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.b...000804722.html

Blade is 30 degrees, my blade is in the front of the Suckgate, next version will be at the back to see if I notice any difference.

V3 finished! All new design, aluminum alloy body, stainless construction, and better suction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk