Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by steinkda1984 View Post
    I took two of the skate board ramps and bolted them together. The ramps have two small holes on the lip of the ramp. Bought two cans of great stuff and sprayed it in to ensure it floats. Also, used the velcro as advertised and this velcro holds very well. Spent about 5 hours surfing and the ramp did not move. I fill center ballast 1125#, 450# in the playpen, both rear lockers at 800#, wake plate up and cruise at 11 mph.
    How did you like it, and what kind of boat do you have?
    2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    ACME 1433 Prop
    Ghetto Gate

It works great and does the job for less the $100. The only negative is it is pretty big once you screw the two together. I have a 24ssv and I run out of storage when all ballasts are full and we are wakeboarding. Guys are making them out of suction cups and cutting boards which are alot smaller and no velcro on boat. I might make one of those this winter for less than $100. These guys mass producing them are way over priced. I love the American ingenuity to make a product and take it to market but in this case I feel like we have to do like the Chinese and steal the idea and DIY your own.

Has anyone tried both one ramp vs two ramps? Is two better than one or will just one do the trick? I'm not too worried about sealing off the backside of it; I can spray foam it or something.

Also, does anyone have any wave pics of before and after? Does it legitimately make a difference? I'm contemplating ordering one now. Thanks for any and all info and thanks for this thread, guys! Super helpful so far!

Quote Originally Posted by mydogzeke View Post
    Has anyone tried both one ramp vs two ramps? Is two better than one or will just one do the trick? I'm not too worried about sealing off the backside of it; I can spray foam it or something.

Also, does anyone have any wave pics of before and after? Does it legitimately make a difference? I'm contemplating ordering one now. Thanks for any and all info and thanks for this thread, guys! Super helpful so far!
    I can't tell you that one ramp vs two ramps is better or worse, but I can vouch from my own experience that one ramp will do the trick and it will improve your surf wave. I also did not fill in the backside of my ramp and it has never once come off my boat while surfing.

check out this thread for some pics and videos of my wave with one ramp on a 2007 Launch 21V: https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...007-Launch-21V

That's enough to convince me! That's good info. Thanks for the response.

New Evolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you make the L bracket out of icemanfiz? I really like that design over the ramps.

Mydogzeke, some sort of wakeshaper is a must. Weather the suction cup or ramps is better I can't answer but you definitely need something to change the flow of water on the opposite side of your surf wake. Before I put the ramps on my wake was pretty much unsurfable. Once the ramp went on and I evened out the weight in the rear the wave is great.

Quote Originally Posted by steinkda1984 View Post
    What did you make the L bracket out of icemanfiz?.
    $5 at Lowes each. Just a shelf bracket.

Looks good Iceman!!

I notice you used the 3" screws. I ended up not using those and just used the 2 inchers, but I also countersunk the hole in my HDPE board to allow me to do that.

The guys on the MC forums using this plastic handle on demand have noticed cracking around the bolts attaching the shelving brackets. For this reason, I ordered the all aluminum handle as others have done, and will have version 2.0 here soon.

I see you don't have a hole cut for the lever on the forward suction cup. Did you just cut the big part of the handle off?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Another thing... you might want to put some lock washers on in front of your nuts so they don't back off while you're using it. I didn't have those on my lowe's receipt cause I had a whole box of them already that I used. Forgot to mention that.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V